Sunday, February 24, 2008

What is that sound?

The first time I heard it, my heart stopped and I went running into the living room to find out who had died and who needed to go to the ER. The second time I heard it, I paused, waited for the cries to start. When they didn't I went back to what I was doing. Now that the sound is a part of the house I don't notice it as much. Sometimes when it catches me off guard I still do the heart skipping a beat thing.

What is this sound? It sounds a little a cross between a hurricane and a freight train. All being pushed down the stairs. The kids have discovered that they can get down the stairs much faster and, oh, so much funner than if they lay on their stomach and slide down the stairs as fast as they can. And they always have to make that sound so their voice bumps on every bump.

So this is my first attempt at using my digital camera for getting a video and uploading it. I hope this works.

Yeah, it worked! Although this video is fun, it does not catch the essence of the sound that they make. Oh, well, you'll just have to imagine it.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

That's hilarious! My kids are forbidden from viewing this video. You're such a good mom for taping it and blogging it. :)

Susie J. said...

Not only do my kids do this, but when I was a kid my siblings and I would do this, too. Except, we also liked to go head-first with a sleeping bag as a sled. **shhhhhh, don't tell my kids**

Super Stevie said...

My favorite moment, "Spaz"

That was awesome - keep the videos coming.

M A Haddox said...

Stomachs? Don't they get rug burns? >< ouch!

We loved to stack sleeping bags, pillows, couch cushions and such at the very bottom of our stairs, then hang from the top of the railing and fall down (Dan would Jump over, of course).