Sunday, February 03, 2008

What did I do?

Bug needed a haircut. One problem, Dan has to hold his head so that I can try to not cut his head with my scissors. That haircut is hard to do with a squirmy Bug. Innie needed a haircut too but he's nine, birthday yesterday, he'll sit still. Although he got the Dan special, 4 on top and 2 on the sides (with Dan its a 1, gotta keep in regs), too. But with Bug, all he got was a shave, 4 all over. As I put him to bed, I am singing him a song, looking at this boy, thinking, When is the last time I could see his forehead? Then I look again and I am seeing a boy. Where is my little Bug? These pictures are taken six months apart. I shaved off my little boy. What have I done?
Funny story about the song, though. I am trying to sing him, Teach Me to Walk in the Light. He goes, you don't need to teach me that. I can do that, walking in the light is easy.
Oh man, what did I do? Why, why? Please tell me.


3 comments:

Jessica Haddox said...

Hehe, I love these stories. We never see you guys, so I had no idea Bug was such a funny kid. It totally blows me away how old he is since most of my memories of him were as a baby.

Susie J. said...

We recently went thru this, too. My little man's curls drove me CRAZY because I thought they made him look like a girl. And then we cut his hair. AAAK! How did he suddenly become a Big Boy??? I'm not ready for him to not be the baby anymore.
http://ramblingsofsusie.blogspot.com/2008/01/random-pics.html

Nikki said...

Cristtin-

Glue it back on. That is definitely not the Bug I remember.