Friday, February 22, 2008

Need to get this out

Political Rant up ahead

I have been keeping myself to myself about this one but now that I am all comfortable, see below post, I am going to let it all out.

Whenever they talk about McCain on the news, they mention how he must unite the Republican Party and how he needs to win Conservatives. He might not be able to do that, blah, blah, blah. Right now the Democrats seem pretty divided to me. Who's to say that Clinton supporters are going to automatically vote for Obama. The way they have been attacking each other. Aren't some of those attacks going to work and make it so that some of the Obamians will refuse to vote for Billary again? Or the other way around.

Here's something that has been eating at me about Hills. I heard this speech that she gave about being from the Middle class, of the Middle class, working the night shift, ick. But she won't release her tax records. What's that about? Come on, Norma Rae, what's there to hide, you're one of us, right? This is the thing that bugs me the most about the Clintons. Turn around is not fair play with them. Could you imagine the stink they would raise if there was a Republican withholding some sort of personal information that all candidates release? Remember the twofer promised by Bill when he was running for his first term, electing him was like getting a two for one because you elect him you get her. But isn't the reverse also true if she is elected so is he? Has anyone been listening to him lately? Gone round the bend that one has.

And this latest thing with the New York Times? A story about two unnamed people who thought that McCain might be having an affair? That's news? I once thought that I was really kissing Aragorn. Call the press, we got a hot one. And they sat on it for a couple of months to make sure they got all the facts straight. Huh? What facts? This story should have been run with Page Six with the rest of the celeb gossip.

Now lets get one thing straight, I am a Republican. So you can look at all this stuff and say it is just party line. But know this about me, I hate Fox News, I can't stand media bias. I have a brain and get this, I want to use it to form my own opinions. I am tried of all the media outlets covering the Dems 70% of the time while the GOP gets 30%. I didn't know that this race had already been called. Yes, Dewey wins! Not so fast. I don't think that the GOP is going to take this, I don't think that the Dems have it in the bag. I think for right now we have a chance to figure out where we stand and try and take it. Let's all really look at what the Dems are promising right now, can they deliver it, pay for it, not run our country into the ground while they are doing it? Is the GOP promising anything? This whole process deserves a look, a deep searching look.

Last thought, I don't believe the Dems for a second when they say they are going to end this war. What war? Last time I checked there were two going on. But let's really think about this. Because before they do anything they will be thinking "legacy." Do I want Iraq's civil war on my hands? Do I want the consequences of a failed state and what comes next to be on me? How does history view Nixon, Johnson? They did not send the troops into Vietnam but they sure had to deal with the mess. I don't buy for one second that a Dem President is going to have on his/her first item on the agenda, cause power vacuum in hostile middle eastern country. It will go down two ways that I see it. They will defer to the Generals and blame it all on them and their recommendations. Or we will see a bold new plan that they just happened to come up with this morning. No way is that campaign promise coming to fruition.

Ahhh, that felt so good. Back to relaxing on the couch.

2 comments:

Pure Golding said...

The way I see it the ones who are supporting Obama and the ones who are supporting Clinton will not switch to the other once the Primary's are over. Either they will just not vote or they will vote for the only other real candidate out there- McCain. I don't care for McCain but right now its looking like the lesser of the many evils. What do you do? I can't remember an election quite like this one before. Of course I didn't really pay attention when I was younger.

Super Stevie said...

You might find my blog about some of my political views a decent read since it falls in line a little bit with what you've got here:
http://www.stevenhaddox.com/2008/02/05/super-tuesday-how-do-i-not-have-a-politics-category/

Anyway, I definitely am no fan of McCain or Billary so I feel your pain there. If only more people were voting for Ron Paul so we could actually get some liberties and rights back into this country.