Friday, February 08, 2008

Two Schools of Thought

I have been thinking of all the things dividing us as a people lately. Everything has so many sides, so many angles. However, some things are just black and white, right and wrong. I have taken stock of those most divisive of things a made a list and decided to tell you where I am on the issue. I decided no more PC-Cristtin. You will know where I stand on the most important issues facing us right now.

Lid up or Lid down
I don't mean the seat. There is not two schools for this one, that is always down. That is a lazy man issue. I mean the lid. I am a firm, lid down person. I don't want to see the inside of the bowl when I walk into the room nor have anything fall in accidentally.

American or Japanese
No apoligies here, I am Japanese. Although, one of my cars I think was made in Korea. The other vechicle was made in America but it is Japanese. We have had a good share of cars over the years and there is one kind which has yet to let us down. In fact, it has saved us a lot of physical harm. In the form of a severe winter storm in which we rolled the truck in a ditch and niether of us was injured and the only damage to the truck was cosmetic. We will not look back, we are Japanesee.

McDonalds or Wendys
Come on people, really. Wendys. Except I do have a soft spot for McDonalds breakfast. But Wendys doesn't have breakfast so they are not in competition. Mmm, sausage egg Mcmuffin. I think I'll pick one up tomorrow, Super Saturday. Anyway, their burgers are not in the same category, at all. And we are cheap so we feed the whole family off the dollar menu for like 10 bucks.

Yeah for War or Boo for War
Just kidding, you are not kidding a thing out of me.

Red or Blue
Red all the way. I don't mean politics. I mean U of U vs. BYU. For the few of you who might not know of this rivalry in Utah, its big. My dad, husband, two siblings, and a sister-in-law all went to the U. I was getting ready to get started there but Dan gratuated and it was time to move. If I were to have any regrets in my life, it would be that I didn't get a chance to go to the U, only be a rabid U fan. Go Utes.

Sarcasm or Playing it Straight.
Oh yeah, sarcasm. Lets just say its my signature item. Dan can't do it. Every now and then he tries it and I never get it, his tone is all wrong. Recently Innie made a sarcastic comment to DD in the car, not the one I blogged about a few weeks ago, a new and better one. I just about swelled with pride that I had passed on such a trait. A trait that has given me hours of enjoyment mostly at the expense of others but still enjoyment just the same. It helps keep me sane in this world.

Running or Walking
Ick, Ick. I hate running. If I want to wear my pants out or start a fire, I guess I'll run but I would rather die. I speed walk the track at the Y very often, I can hang with that. But the second you make me run, blah. Dan is one of those running weirdos, always trying to get me to do it. He won't run for months and then go out and run six miles or more like whatever. Sicko. I would rather swim a mile than run it. And I can. Just so you know, a mile in the pool is 70 lengths.

Bus or Car Rider
No brainer, bus. I don't have to wait in a crazy line for 15 minutes in the morning just to drop them off at school in the morning or wait for 25-30 in the afternoon to pick them up. No thanks. The bus stop is literally the front of my house. Sometimes I don't even leave my house, just push them out the door. Some moms do the whole, oh I just can't put them on the bus. Well, look down on me all you want. In that 3 hours or more a week that I save I could watch a lot of TV, do a fair bit of shopping, nap until 3 minutes before the bus drops them off. Nevermind, the whole not killing Bug in the process of trying to keep him happy in the car that long everyday. Bus, Bus, Bus, yeah!

Now it doesn't matter if you are an R or a D, Red State Blue state the true issue of our time can be summed up in these four words...

Mayonaise or Miracle Whip
This is the most divisive issue of our day. I am a mayo. The first time that had Miracle Whip, by accident, I thought the turkey was rancid. I am not kidding I checked the turkey, checked the bread, before I went to the Mayo to find the offender for that awful taste. That is when I learned of the evil that had been unleashed on the country. Most people don't know any better being that they have been raised on this abomination. At least there is one area I can thank my parents for looking out for me on.

Now, I won't apologize if anyone if offended by my bluntness. Just your narrow mindedness for not aggreeing with me.

6 comments:

Susie J. said...

Lid down

Ummm, Toyota is Japanese, right? I currently own a chevy and a jeep... but I *heart* toyotas.

McDonalds

Blue

Sarcasm

Running is evil.

Bus... I WISH my kids could ride the bus. Alas, we live inside the no-bus-service-for-you area.

Miracle Whip. I always HATED having mayo on my food, it'd practically make me cry. I refused to eat it at all, and just assumed MW was the same thing/taste. Until dh threw a fit about it one time when I bought him mayo instead of MW. Several months later I worked up the nerve to try a sandwich with MW on it... and haven't looked back.

Jenners said...

RED:
I cannot cheer on a school that is supposed to live up to and keep church standards--yet, allows a boy who got his girlfriend pregnant and allows a boy who has issues with pot, but does not allow my returned missionary sister to attend!

M A Haddox said...

Lid down. I am a male, but I learned to sit down always. Sitting is lazier! Why do I want to stand when I could be sitting? Especially at night. Do I want the splashing of my own byproduct falling on my feet? No.

Japanese. Besides being a large fan of decent japanime, the only American car we owned broke down constantly. In our college youth, we were $72 from paying it off when we had to withdraw another $1K off the loan to fix it. The only thing that stops our Japanese makes is rear ending a co-worker on Valentine's day... I think Jay is driving me to work next Thursday.

I'd have to side w/ McD's on this one. McGriddle needs to turn Jack in the Box and be all day long. Not much after that, but every Wendy's I have been to has the worst service I know of in the industry. But the true winner is Arctic Circle. You can't get better fries, pita's, or shakes anywhere I know of.

Boo for war... at the wrong time. I feel we need to get back to managing our own house before we try to run others'.

Blue, baby --- and orange.
Just trying to stick with Idaho pride.. and we don't have much else. However, in this case: BYU > U of U anyday. Just visiting either campus will tell you all I can say about it. There's just something spectacular about being educated at a religious institution. Sure, you will find hypocrits, but ain't all of Utah that way? In the end, that's their fault, not mine.

Both. Playing it straight to me is just telling it how it is. I have sarcasmic tendencies in my nature, but I know I could never defeat Cristtin in that arena. I love telling people that they are heavy weight if they are -- especially if they have intentions of losing it. I'm just helping them on their goal.

Neither. DDR all the way. We also just bought a demo model of NEOS to show to our regional customers (playneos.com) so that takes a good amount of lunch breaks when it's not on display at the Y or a community center.

There will never be a day myson will prefer the car over the bus.

Generic Mircale Whip. The Deseret Industries brand calls it Salad Dressing. That rancidness is called "Zing." Otherwise, Mayo is just far too bland.

Laura said...

So funny!

Japanese - but we love Ford if it has to be American (we *heart* Toyotas, too)

McDonald's for the playscape, Wendy's for the food (the kids agree with me here!)

No opinion

Sarcasm

I'm sorry, I don't believe I've ever heard the word "running" before - exactly what is that, do you mind me asking? :-P

Car - we homeschool - BUT, when we didn't HS, I picked up and dropped off after a bad experience on the bus - gotta protect my kidlets

Miracle Whip - but some recipes must have Mayo

As for the war - Support Our Troops - they are just doing what Uncle Sam tells them to do.

SuperCoolMom said...

I've never warmed up to the whole square burger concept. Definitely lid down - you sit to pee or you hide the evidence of standing very well at my house. Maroon & Gold for me! But if I'm wearing it, I generally go red. and Hallelujah for the bus. I was dying to ride the bus when I was a kid - I consider it a priviledge.

I don't eat either M or M straight, however, there are cases in cooking which require both. For example, I use half and half in my tuna. I think mayo is too egg-y and MW is too vinegar-y. then I cover up both tastes with chopped pickles, onions, celery, tomatoes, salt and pepper. The white stuff is only to hold the good stuff together.

I applaud you for taking a stand on these difficult issues. I have been too timid to broach such controversial subjects on my blog. Way to stand up for your beliefs!

Pure Golding said...

I agree with most and most emphatically with the U of U!!! Go Utes! Ken went there too so you can add another awesome person to your list!
Mayo for sure. My Honda's have never let me down whereas Kens Avalanche is a pile of poopy!
I don't care for fast food at all but I will agree with Mike about Artic Circle- mmmm mushroom and swiss!
I think the war is a needed evil to open these countries for the gospel!
My kids ride the bus. They don't like it but I would rather drive them to the bottom of the hill than all the way to school!
As for the lid, as long as the toilet is clean it doesn't bother me! Running hurts!
I love ya Cristtin. Good to talk to you last week! Take care!