Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Insurance

So I am becoming accainted with my Home Owner's Policy and learned some really amazing things that makes me think maybe I am not living it up the way I should.

My house is covered if...

Wind, hail, or lightning damage my self-propelled missiles or spacecraft.

Anything damaged by riot of civil commotion.

Freezing damages my pier, wharf, or dock.

$200 worth of my gold bullion.

Should the house or part thereof fall into a suddenly appearing sink-hole.


My house is not covered if...

Taken verbatim
War, including undeclared war, civil war,
insurrection, rebellion, revolution, warlike act
by a military force or military personnel,
destruction or seizure or use for a military
purpose, and including any consequence of
any of these. Discharge of a nuclear weapon
will be deemed a warlike act even if
accidental.

Nuclear hazard

Earthquakes, associated with or without volcanic eruption. And any eruption in any 72 hour period will be considerd one eruption.

So with my space craft, I am going to take my self-propelled missile, not nuclear by the way, to my warf for launch. All these things were, of course, purchased with the bullion. From the wharf I will protect my house from Volcanic eruption, nuclear blast, and those rouge military units that might be trying to commandeer my sweet stuff. I have time to do all this since I don't have to worry about the earth suddenly opening up to swallow my house anymore. Also, I don't worry anymore about civil unrest, wind, hail, or lightning damaging my all-powerful self-propelled missile. Hey, would Molotov Cocktails count as self-propelled missiles? Because that is something actually attainable. I think I will ask next time I talk to them.

Also, one last thing they don't cover, I think. One of the things that I need fixed in the house.

6 comments:

Susie J. said...

Soooo... if civilians have a riot, it's covered. But if a military member is in a riot, it's not covered??
That there's discrimination. LOL

SuperCoolMom said...

I may need to take a look at my policy and see if my bullion is covered. That jar on the windowsill is all I've got!

M A Haddox said...

Uh-oh... what'd you break?

Haddorkus said...

The thing that I need covered is that leaking in the basement. I know that they are going to cover the roof, if I decide to make a claim, still getting estimates on that one. If the estimate is about what my deductible is than I won't bother them. If its a lot more than they'll get a call.

Abbey said...

What! That's crazy. HAHA i think i need to take a look at our's now!

Nikki said...

You're it Cristtin!