Friday, May 30, 2008

Why do they hate me?

This has become more than bad luck, this is some sort of vendetta. Toilets now officially hate me, or want me to do physical harm to myself. And in particular my main floor toilet is the ringleader. It hates me the most. Besides the fact that it has lead me to give emotions to inanimate objects and making me become slightly paranoid as to what it's next move might be. Well, we know that me giving emotions to things isn't really that new. I believe that the mower has called a truce with me for the duration of the deployment and that the frog is suicidal, although the other day it was giving me the stink eye something fierce, I have no idea what I did to it, other than take care of it more than any other person would take care of a tiny little stupid frog.

I seem to have digressed.

The toilet. Why? In the year that I have lived here in this house, the toilet has overflowed too many times to count. I have learned to use a snake, ew. Even other toilets not at my house have turned on me, ask my sister, every time we are there, her toilets act up. Even the Y has turned on me. And now this...



Are you #&*!@#&! kidding me? I come home from my sister's house, find the house not exploded, always nice. Later I use the facilities and then go to flush and it just breaks off, gosh, stupid idiot! So along with all my "let's get out of town" errands I am running yesterday one of them was to the hardware store to buy a new handle and stick thingy that I hope will work. How would I know? Now I get to add one more thing to my list of knowledge that I didn't care to have.

Just so you know the upstairs toilet already did this but it actually did it to the home inspector, ha ha. But I told him not to worry about it and it was when Dan was gone but just in KS, and he had four-day weekends once a month so I waited and he fixed it but he ended up putting in a whole new do-hicky thing in and I know I can't do that.

Here is the proof so you guys can realize how much my life really does revolve around the bathroom here are just three posts from the last year to prove it, one was just last week:

My ode to the Commode

Icky Post

The Bathroom

Well, off to test my theory on a whole new set of toilets at the Great Smokey Mountains, we leave tomorrow and will be back Friday, just in time for Super Saturday.

3 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Ok. It seems like the military should provide basic plumbing education for wives of deployed soldiers. Maybe some classes on vehicle maintenance. How about a couple of mini-classes on eletrical and minor appliance repairs. Is that too much to ask?

Of course, you might try to catch some of those lovely Home Depot lectures - "You can do it, We can help." Right.

Good luck with that! Enjoy your get-away!

M A Haddox said...

Cristtin, I think you need to go back to mother nature's roots. Dig a hole where those weird weeds are in your backyard and .. well, I think you get the picture.

Abbey said...

I agree, start digging that hole!