Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Bathroom

Let's just say I've finally snapped. I put a lot of stock into a sense of humor and have tried to cultivate my children's comedic styles. Punx has a flair for sarcasm, I have encouraged it in it's proper place. DD is still an enigma to me, she still tells knock-knock jokes where the punch line doesn't make sense. Bug, I think, is where I will have my true comeuppance. His timing for saying those things that embarrass me and make adults everyone go, "oh!" is something to behold.

The children are on hour two of solitary confinement. And I have no intention of early parole for good behavior. In fact, parole really isn't a possibly since their sentence was "a really, really long time, now go."

Their humor is in the crude phase and try as I might to teach them time and place it is not working. I can enjoy a good bathroom joke now and again, like most people. However, life here has started to revolve around things involving the toilet. I have been as patient with it as I can. "Alright, kids, that's really not appropriate let's move on to another topic." Statements of that nature. Distraction, redirection, threats, pleadings, nothing is working. My children's minds are living in the porcelain bowl.

Finally today came the outright ban. No more bathroom jokes. Obviously you kids are not going to learn time and place or moderation any time soon so before you make momma start living in the fetal position, we are going to initiate a total blockade on all things bathroom related. Five minutes later, they start again. That's it, no TV for the week. It must be that I am letting you guys watch the wrong stuff and I need to get a better handle on this and reevaluate what and how much TV you are going to be allowed to watch. Thirty minutes later, you guys have got to be kidding me, you really need to rethink your priorities. Do you want me to take everything away? Just go play upstairs and please stop.

Five minutes later. Punx brings me down a white marble but it has brown on it. Bug put a Hungry Hungry Hippo marble in his butt. HE WHAT?! Bug get down here, no everyone get down here, NOW! They line up. I start to tell them how this is bad and we should not put marbles in our butts. I say butt and they look and each other and they are all snickering. Bad move, Neil. "DD your room, Bug your room, Punx living room couch, and you will all be going there for a really, really long time, now go."

I am so upset that I am calm. I think that I have gone to the bad place. The place that when I finally do go to talk to the kids it will be in a eerily-detached but firm voice that actually freaks the kids out more than if I yell at them. That's about where I am right now. Oh yeah, I am definitely in the bad place now, that's why I won't let the kids out because I have no idea what punishments I will start dishing out and then have to live with after. One thing is for sure those kid had better like Nick Jr, because that is about all they are going to be allowed to watch next week when I let them start watching the TV again. It's going to be a lot of Dora and that freaky weirdo show Yo Yo Gabba where the spazzy kids dance with the way too excited to there gangly Band Leader.

A fricking marble in his butt. Man Alive.

9 comments:

Susie J. said...

If it makes you feel better... mine have pooped in the front yard. (((((hugs))))

SuperCoolMom said...

heeeheeeheee. So glad that happened at your house and not mine. We have our share of stupid stunts, butt we haven't had that one yet.

Laura said...

Oi. Marble up the butt... not gone there yet. Googly eyes up the nose, yes... foam shapes up the nose, yes. Rolie polie bug up the nose, yes. Thankfully mine have not discovered things can go in an exit - at least not yet. I'm not showing them your blog until they are beyond this stage, just to be safe.

{{{{HUGS}}} from one crazed mama to another.

oda41143 Missy said...

I'm with Susie, my son Cooper would only poop outside all last summer. I didn't care because it meant he was one step closer to using the potty :) Don't worry about the potty jokes, they will pass. Just ignore them. Now, the marble up the butt makes me giggle. I guess you should just be happy the marble came back out and you didn't have to go to the ER and try to explain why your child had a marble up his butt :) Too funny!!! Hang in there, they sound like normal kiddoes to me.

Abbey said...

I can't stop laughing. I know that sounds comforting huh? but really, that just made my day.

M A Haddox said...

Yeah, bathroom jokes are not ever appropriate in our house. We won't ever allow our kids to watch movies like Shrek, for example, as the humour is retardingly stupid.

Use the new kitten/puppy rule. Maybe Bug should lick the marble clean next time...

Nicole Shelby said...

sympathy...

and hopes that the days of marbles in the tookus will soon pass!

Haddorkus said...

Next time?! Mike, bite your tongue. If any of these kids put something in their butt again, it's staying there.

I am glad that my pain can give so many others a laugh.

The Schooley's said...

I have tears in my eyes I am laughing so hard. Sorry!! I just can't help it. Bathroom jokes are a favorite here too. BOYS!!!