Monday, June 02, 2008

Smokey Update #1

We made it to the Great Smokey Mountains! Hooray. Normal road trip drama, he's touching me, I don't want to watch that movie, are we there yet? kinda stuff. It took a little longer than I thought it would but we survived and I used the knock it off or you won't get to go swimming threat judiciously. In the end we didn't have time to get to the pool on Saturday anyway, ha ha. I just want everyone to know how much I love my ipod, without that thing not only would I have to listen to the kids more but also their inane bickering or worse their movies. It's amazing what just one ear bud of Jack Johnson will do for a mom on a road trip. Not to mention when the mid-afternoon lull hits, lets crank up some All American Rejects or some OK Go! and actually get there alive. I did get lost on the way to the resort and a 12-mile detour later on the way back to the right road I saw a sign pointing to where the church was. So getting to church the next morning was a cake. Even met a woman at the ward who is moving to Fort Campbell at the end of this year, it was all very cool. Then walked out with a few good local ideas of fun stuff to do.

Sunday, was chill day but today we did the tourist thing, Wonder Works (a museum with lot's of kid things to do like find out your weight on different planets, optical illusion stuff, etc.) and the Ripley's Aquarium. Tomorrow we are small road tripping it to Biltmore.

But I wanted to share two good pictures of today. One is my favorite and the other was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up when I saw it.





This was taken outside a bar called Cooter's in the Smokies. Life, sometimes, is just so sweet.

4 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Awesome! Is that one of the original General Lee's? The picture in front of the aquarium is Amazing!

Robin Fisher said...

Still having problems with the toilet? I laughed my head off. Not because it is funny "ha,Ha" but more because it just happens during a deployment. The inanimate object that hates me is the lawn mower. Talk to you soon.

oda41143 Missy said...

Have fun! YOu are only 4 hours from me in KY. Cooters!! Did you wear Daisey Dukes?

Nikki said...

AWESOME! I love both pictures. And DD's hair is so cute. :) Love how she's posed in the aquarium picture.

Last road trip I listened to the final Harry Potter book on the way home.