Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where's Waldo?

AFN (Armed Forces Network) does their own news stories for their channels on different items of interest. Overseas bases have their own and they put them online also. Dan send me this one awhile back and we all got a good chuckle out of it. It is a short news story for something happening where he is at and Dan has a cameo in it. I showed it to the kids and didn't tell them that Daddy was in it, just watch it and see if you see something interesting. Punx saw him right away and said, "I saw Dad." DD, of course, had lost interest about 3 seconds into the piece and wasn't really paying attention and by the time she looked up he was gone. She started to cry. Bug starts jumping up and down, "I wanna see, I wanna see Daddy, too." I told them to relax and that I could press play again when it was over, but they would have to pay close attention to find him as he is on the screen for about a millisecond. On the second time through, they did get a glimpse of him. They have made me play it quite a few times since then. I have to admit I have watched it more times than is really necessary.

So see if you can find Waldo, too. If you don't know what he looks like, look at the sidebar to see his picture for a comparison.

Good Luck!




Edit: So the winners are: Nikki, Jen (although she didn't give any proof, I am just giving her the benefit of the doubt as she is his sister), Missy (your description seems to match), and SuperCoolMom (Sorry, I have no idea what yours meant so you get an honorable mention).

I was going to describe where he was by what the narrator was saying at the time but Nikki described it perfectly so I will just use her description, he is in between seconds 36-39. Isn't that awesome a whole 3 seconds.

7 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Is he in between the two guys as the row of soldiers is going past and getting pinned? (If you know what I mean?)

Otherwise I may need a hint.

So fun to get a glimpse of Daddy when he's away!

Nikki said...

I saw him! and *sniff* I totally forgot he was away. What a stinkin' crappy friend I am. :(

oda41143 Missy said...

Is he being pinned and then salutes? You've got to post and tell us who is right.

Nikki said...

seconds 36-39 right?

Pure Golding said...

I cried. I miss him so much. Of course you guys have lived away for some time now but just knowing he isn't somewhere in the country kind of hits hard. Jarom keeps playing it over and over and makes me pause it when he's on screen. He asked "Is he a soldier?" I said "Yes, he is." "Is he fighting the bad guys?" "Oh yes! He is!" Thank you Dan!

Tubbs Family said...

woo hoo, that is awesome!! Of course I cheated and watched the seconds...that means he only has 12seconds of fame left!! Atleast his first three are well spent.

Abbey said...

Hehe, that's awesome. I found him.