Thursday, May 08, 2008

Deployment is...I forgot 2

I didn't just want to edit the other post because I wanted to get these two out there also.

Deployment is...

learning to doubt yourself in places you have never, I mean never doubted yourself before. You have a nice conversation with the cute Sergeant who did your taxes and you feel guilty for days about it, so much that you tell your husband about the ridiculously benign chat you had with some random guy you will never see again while you got your taxes done. And then he just makes fun of me and tells me it's too bad we don't have a pool, so I could hire him as our pool boy.

And probably the most important,

Learning how to rely on others, especially the women in your life. I am not an ask for help type of person, I really don't think it is a pride issue more of a don't want to be a bother and I should be able to handle my own problems issue. Since this, however, asking for help has become more of a necessity. What is even better is the times I have gotten help from my friends that I haven't even asked for. The time I had the flu and wasn't even getting out of bed and my friend Robin happened to call and next thing I know she is going to the commissary for me to make sure the kids had food. My friend, Catherine, who just yesterday made cupcakes for me that I forgot to make for cub scouts and realized that I only have a muffin pan that holds six cupcakes. Scouts was in three hours and I still wasn't done with all the other stuff I needed to do, she doesn't have a son in my den, she is not even in my ward. She has also took Punx and DD late one evening as I had to take Bug to the ER when he had strep over a weekend, and didn't get back until 10pm. These women and even the women I have never met here on my blog make my life easier.

4 comments:

Susie J. said...

I totally agree on both of those... and that first one is definitely something my husband would do! He'd never let me live it down.

SuperCoolMom said...

It is sooo great to have a loving, understanding husband and I couldn't live without my girlfriend support group! Thank heavens for women who see a need and fill it!

Jodi Jean said...

amen, learning to ask for help is a toughy ... but a necessity.

oda41143 Missy said...

You are so lucky to have such wonderful friends who live near you.