Monday, March 31, 2008

Spending fast is over, where's the mall?

So I made it through my 45 days of no spending in the last week or so, well, sort of. There were a couple of slip ups but I think all of my slip ups add up to about maybe $150. There was the wireless modem, the chick flick and box of chocolates, a $2 sweater off the clearance rack, and some over spending on my weekend with my sister from my budgeted $65 (I bought clothes). Other than that the only things that I bought was a new vacuum after the old one started to smell like something burning and the new laminate floor.

All in all I think I did alright. The day after my fast though, there was a little bit of gorging so I have to watch myself on that one. The upside to ending the fast was that during that time there were two accomplishments hit. I paid off a debt during that time. So one payment gone, woo-hoo. And I timed the fast with my donut so that means we hit 20% when the fast ended. 20% of the deployment done is nothing to shake a stick at. It is the first three months down, only 12 months to go, give or take a week or so.

The next milestone is triple digit days. We will hit day 100 soon. Won't that be something? I have to admit the days are doing that speed up thing. We are getting through the days alright, I just would do anything for a little more time. I have accepted the fact that things are not going to calm down any time soon, I am this busy and this is how it is going to stay for the foreseeable future. We'll see what happens during summer, maybe then I'll get some breathing room.

2 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Good for you! It sounds like you were practicing all kinds of self-control! I was just noticing your awesome weight loss too. YOU ROCK!!

Pure Golding said...

I used to think that once the kids were all in school I would be able to relax and do some of the things I love to do, alas, it is not to be. For some weird reason we stay busy and yet it seems that not much more gets done. I must be getting old! I can't accomplish all I used to when the children were younger. Couldn't be that I'm running around like crazy with scouts, wrestling, piano, the school play, violin, activity days, the girls' work, pre-school, etc... Couldn't be!
Congrats on the spending thing! Budgets really come in handy!