Monday, March 10, 2008

Reasons

I have three reasons to be proud, my three kids, but lets be more specific.

Innie: Used the connective today correctly in a sentence all on his own in conversation.

DD: Sang and followed along with a Hymn today in church without my help.

Bug: I heard him singing a Ramones song to himself while playing with his toys, "Beat on the brat, beat on the brat, beat on the brat with a baseball bat, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh oh."

Now I know the first two are good little mommy reasons to be pleased with your kids but Bug singing that punk song filled me with just as much pleasure as if he had sung that Hymn with DD. I have been trying to figure out what that says about me. Besides the fact that I really dig punk and The Ramones. Is there something wrong with me enjoying listening to my four-year request the bat song when we get in the car?

3 comments:

Susie J. said...

I think that's totally normal. Either that... or we both need help. This morning as I was dropping kids off at school, I found a song I love (can't even remember now what it was, but it was one of those fast paced pop songs) and my 9 yr old started singing along with me. Totally made me smile. :)

SuperCoolMom said...

That is so funny! I love it when my kids start singing the music that I play too - maybe it makes you feel like they're listening to you.

M A Haddox said...

No problem, to a point. I really don't know much about the content of much music, those lyrics seems "tamer" than what is out there today.

But, in the same regards, there are some movies that I would never want my kids reciting/mimicing. Not just adult movies, either. I choose not to have my kids not watch Shrek because I don't want them running around making fart jokes and sexual innuendoes. As it seems, kids are pretty dang smart and pick up things very easily. So, as it is cute, I've had to watch myself quite a few times.

You pretty much know that already, however, as I know you're a smart parent. Just thought I'd expound on my thoughts when I initially read it.