Thursday, April 24, 2008

I figured it out

I know I am obsessing about the lawn mower but I have to share this last thing. I still had to finish mowing the lawn on Tuesday and I was still worried about starting it. I thought it had to be easy since in ran for two hours on Monday but you never know what that thing might do, it's such a tricky little blighter. And I was super-sore from the two hours of mowing and the not so smart of me trip to the gym before yard work of an hour and a half.

And wouldn't you know it? One pull, oh yeah! Who's the man? That would be me, if you are wondering.

I thought about this all the next day why is the mower being nice to me? Is he planning some sort of ambush for later? (Of course the mower is a boy) Lulling me into a false sense of complacency and then wham-o no more Mr. Nice-Mower? Then it hit me.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

He knows that the lawn has turned against us both and has formed an alliance with me for this battle. He knows that he will never win without my help and so he has offered his help however short-lived it might prove to be while we fight the insipid yard and whatever vile thing that is breeding in the backyard (see last post's picture).

Now that I know what he is doing I won't be caught off guard when the lawn is back to normal and he revolts again.

Too far? That is what 6 hours of yard work in two days will do to a person. I am still not done. I started trimming the bushes, I got three of my 63 or so buses done on Tuesday. I didn't do any work yesterday, went to the Temple with some friends instead and won't get any done today, Punx is home sick from school and I have to take him to the doctor. Let's think this will be number three infection since Spring Break. First Strep now this is the second ear infection.

Back to that beast of a yard tomorrow but maybe I'll have something else to post about by then.

5 comments:

Susie J. said...

I totally think you're right. It's something my mower would do.

SuperCoolMom said...

Do you think he has read "The Art of War"? Sounds like he's quite the strategist. Better watch for the sneak attack.

Abbey said...

You've had way too much sun!

The Schooley's said...

I bet the mower is great until Dan gets back. It works that way for me anyway. I'm going to have to agree with Abbey about the sun though. ;0). I love you Blog!

Super Stevie said...

So I'm glad to hear that you and the lawn mower have been getting along together. I've never had any luck with lawn mowers (spent an entire day trying to put one together once). I think I'll get this as my next one if I ever need one again: http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/06/husqvarna-introduces-pricey-solar-powered-automower/ (Like I could afford that!)

Anyway, just thought I'd update you that my blog should be working for you now and has a completely new look and feel to it:
http://www.stevenhaddox.com

Also, Katie has been doing a TON of scrapbooking stuff and trying to get published lately. You might like some of her blog entries on her blog at: http://www.katiecupcake.blogspot.com/

Thanks for keeping us updated!

-Steven