Monday, April 21, 2008

Cool Kinda Day

This was one of those days when cool after cool thing kept happening. I can't even begin to explain how bad one of these days was needed. To make sure this day was remembered properly, I took a ton of pictures. Get ready.

It started off normally enough, trip to gym, blah, blah, blah. But after I got home it hit me that I could no longer put off mowing the lawn. I went to my ward's fundraiser not too long ago and bought a few boys to mow my lawn but it has now gotten to that point where it would be cruel to make them do it, especially since it was an auction and I got them for cheap. I figure I need to do the first one and then they can maintain. It really wouldn't be fair I mean the backyard looks like this...



I don't even know what the crap that stuff is. If you look in the corner of that picture you can see my pathetic attempt to try and pull this weed. Around the time I realized it was one organism out to get me and my family, possibly the neighborhood, I gave up and called a professional. They start this week.

As I was saying, I really needed to do the first mow. One reason for hiring a bunch of teenager to do it? It takes me about three hours to do it myself. Remember DD praying about the Archenemy? Meet mine...



It takes my two and a half hours to mow and half an hour to get the beast started. I try for about ten minutes. Rest for another ten. Then maybe look helpless enough for another ten until a neighbor comes and helps. I have never gone and asked for someone to just start it right from the start, I just can't to do that. And I have only gotten it to start by myself about, maybe three times.

I am driving to pick up Bug from preschool knowing that when I get home, it is time to start, knowing that none of my neighbors are likely to be at home. I literally start crying at the thought of trying to get this mower to start after it has been sitting in my garage for what? Five months? I am falling to pieces at the mere thought of standing in my driveway facing this thing, pulling the cord, over and over again. Until I am so tired I don't have the energy to mow anymore.

I didn't even have the guts to pull the mower onto the driveway, I tried to start it in the garage. I couldn't face the humiliation of the mower beating me in front of my empty neighborhood. I had to do it in the privacy of my garage.

Three minutes. That is all it took. I beat that thing in three minutes. I even sat down and took a break to stare it down once, too. The last time I stood up I closed my eyes and prayed holding on to that stupid cord, "Please, Heavenly Father, I need this to start." Then bam, three pulls. I cannot express how cool this is to me. All last summer, this mower was such a stress to me. Thank-you.

Then I had to start the mowing. Ah man. I am still not done. While I was mowing, Bug brought in the mail, which brought in super-cool thing number three, to come later.

Also while I was mowing I saw a little Easter candy egg in the gutter, I was like gross. Just a little blue candy coated thing, whatever. Keep moving. Under a tree a see the same thing but only half, and I accidently stepped on it and it just crushed under my foot, it was a bird's egg. I look into the tree looking for a nest but can't see one. Just keep mowing.

When the kids get home, my brain finally clicks about the Easter egg in the gutter and I go and grab it...



Isn't that the cutest tiniest egg you've ever seen? So the kids and I decided we had to go on a nest hunt. We looked high with the binoculars in every tree and just couldn't see one. DD finally decides to climb the tree that I told them I found the other egg piece and there it was, right at shoulder level, in the crook of the branches. Another really cool thing for me. I haven't had a bird's nest in one of my trees before and one we could look into before...



Then I let the kids climb the trees, another first for me. It makes me nervous, I just sat back, after I took pictures, of course...







The last super thing to happen to me came in the mail today...



That is the Complete Jane Austen BABY! I couldn't help my brain. Once I realized that I had missed Persuasion there was only one thing to be done, go online and buy it. So once online looking at Persuasion, there were all the others right next to it and next thing I knew, click, click, click, and check out. And it came so much quicker than they said it would, bonus. Two movies were backordered for 2-4 weeks and they still came earlier than the original delivery date that they given me for the non-back-ordered ones. I got some of the movies last Friday and have already watched Persuasion three times. I know a little over the top, but I am so in love with Captain Wentworth.

So that is my long-winded super-awesome Rocking Cool Day.

4 comments:

Pure Golding said...

I cannot believe you have leaves, green leaves in your tree. That is amazing. We don't get leaves until like July! Truly!
Congrats on getting the mower started. They are beastly.

SuperCoolMom said...

Oh Man! I am so jealous of your COMPLETE Jane Austen!!!!! I have several of them on VHS, but not the newest ones! And No, three times is not overboard. When I first got the A&E P&P, my family never had to ask what I was watching, they'd just ask which tape it was. (and sometimes I'd get all the tapes que'd up to the best spots and watch only Elizabeth & Darcy, and skip all the boring stuff.

But the best part is now I'll come in and find the boys watching P&P! heeheehee, Chicks dig a man who's read the complete Austen!

Speaking of chicks - so fun to find a nest and cute tiny little eggs!

And WoohooFor the stinkin' mower starting - tender mercies baby!

Abbey said...

What a day! That little egg is so cute! i want it for my mini collection! I'm glad you got your lawn mower started. I was laughing my head off reading that part, because I have done the same thing!

M A Haddox said...

"I couldn't help my brain." lol. (yes, I'm catching up... I had 15 blogs of yours to read when I started this o_O)