Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bug Flashbacks

After renaming Punx, I felt like sharing where Bug got his name from...


This is it. And that is the whole story. That picture and that t-shirt combine to make the whole reason on why I started calling him Bug. He was two and the shirt was by far my favorite and by the way, he still makes that face.

Once I realized what a short story it was I decided a trip down memory lane was in order so everyone could know why Bug is so appropriate for him. All these pictures are just a random sampling from a time period of June 2005 to December 2005(2 years old). I didn't even put in all the pictures that I could have, just some of the highlights.



He is such a picky eater, still. I now only put his veggies on his plate. And hold the rest of his dinner for ransom until his four green beans have been eaten. By the time they are Punx and DD have finished their entire dinners and maybe even seconds.



"Mmmm, ce-wee-o." That's the best I could spell phonetically the way he said cereal. He just climbed up onto the counters and rummaged through the cabinets, what a find, sprinkles.



Here he got himself a slightly more nutritious snack of cheddar cheese. See that massive honking bite he took?



This time he didn't choose wisely, trying to eat my rubber grapes. Eventually I was missing so many I just threw them away. To this day I don't know how many were ingested or just lost. Is it just me, or is he ever wearing pants?



Not all Bug fiascos are food related. I stepped in the house to go to the bathroom while the kids were playing in the backyard and came back out to this. He was about two weeks over two years old. This boy has always been my scary climber but being able to up and over the fence was a new thing to worry about for me.



The other thing he has always been good at is pulling a runner. Especially at this age, you could never let go of him in public, the front yard, a foot from the car, etc. The boy would just be gone. This is a picture of the time he pulled a runner and was returned by a stranger who was driving by and saw him do it. Knock, knock. "Is he yours? I just caught him running down the street." Just so all you know, I was not home, it was Dan watching the children. When I got home I let him loose so I could get a picture because that was what he was wearing for his escape, well, at least he put on some boots.

The runner story is last because that is exactly what he did to me again today. I am called out of Relief Society by a member of the Primary Presidency, "Um, we can't find Bug, he ran away, do you know where he might have gone?" There are like six adults scanning the church for this four year old. His class has two teachers. They were taking a bathroom break and he walked out of the bathroom and they were lined up to go back to class when, I guess, he saw his oppurtunity. And he made his wild dash for freedom. Then we all spread out, someone outside, down this way, down that way. I was turning the corner in the hallway when I saw the Primary President see him in one of the overflow sections that was closed up and say something to him and then all of a sudden dash in after him. Apparently upon realizing he was caught he did not take it lying down, he still tried to run.

I then had him sit on a chair in the foyer and he wanted me to sit by him, when I said no, he got attitude at me because that was when he started to understand he was in trouble. When I started to talk to him I said, "Why did you run away?'

"I couldn't help my brain."

I gave myself a second and then tried to explain to him all the whys and how comes to not do that. Then after church made him apologize to everyone I could find who had to go looking for him and his two teachers.

That is my Bug, at least now he almost always is wearing pants.

5 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

That's great! Answers many lingering questions for me. heehee. He sounds like a hard kid to keep up with!

oda41143 Missy said...

That running would scare me to death!! Love the Bug shirt! He's a cutie pie.

The Schooley's said...

I loved it!! Especially the scowls. I have one that does that too. It would be my #2. The pix with the grapes was my fave, oh and the part about him pulling a runner. What a cutie!!

Susie J. said...

I have one of those! My oldest would pull the climbing and running stunts all the time. Once, when she was not quite 3, and I was HUGELY, EXHAUSTINGLY pregnant, I put her down for her nap and then laid down to take one of my own. Next thing I knew the doorbell was ringing and a neighbor was bringing her home from down the street. EEEEK!

Abbey said...

That face is so Bug!
Looking at those pictures made me miss your old house