Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Announcing

I have given this a lot more thought than it really necessitates but really that's what I do. I even used precious minutes of talk time with Dan to try and figure this thing out, he was no help, shocker. I asked the boy himself and took SuperCoolMom's advice on trying out his favorite superhero or tv show as ideas. What he brought to the table was the Suite life of Zach and Cody. I am not going to give him an alias that is just another boy's name, kinda defeats the purpose. The only other show he loves is Spongebob and that didn't give me that warm "that's it" feeling. Although I rather like the evil Plankton.

Needless to say, I am getting a little neurotic over this when we are having a discussion over it while I am folding laundry in my room watching a movie. I am a once a week laundry person and then I spend a couple hours watching a movie in a marathon folding session. The movie is Groundhog's Day. I feel a certain affinity to that movie right now and was trying to get some inspiration. He loves that movie because Groundhog's Day is his birthday and he loves the idea of being stuck day after day in your birthday. So I started to brainstorm from the characters from this movie and got my tingly feeling.

Announcing Punx. Short for Punxatauny Phil the famous Groundhog. I sometimes refer to him as my Groundhog and now this is just one more step closer. I also really like the how it sounds like Punks, which is something I call the children quite frequently.





This is a picture of Punx' first day of school. Look at that sweet little face. He is about to finish the third grade, huh? When I told him I was going to name him Punx he told me he liked it but he still likes Innie. That is my boy, such a sweetheart. We haven't called him that in years but at the thought of giving it up he got a little sad. I told him he would always be my Innie and promised to call him that to his Prom date. But for now he can just be my little Punx.



And a P.S. to my Father who turns 71 today. Happy Birthday Dad.




This is my Dad in Montana, his home at the time, in 1941, age 4.




My father the University of Utah Theoretical Nuclear Physics scholar, some time in the 1960's I think, I would have to make some calls to get the exact year.

5 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Perfect! Age appropriate, probably a bit behaviorally appropriate, deep meaning, silly, Love it!

So cute that he's still your little Innie. (and um, is that a belly button nick-name? are the rest of you outies?)

oda41143 Missy said...

Wow, love the pics of your dad. His degree title sounds like a rocket scientist. What did he do for a living? Happy Birthday! Love Punx, it's a cute name

Haddorkus said...

My dad would have loved to have done something in his field with his PhD but he graduated in 1968 right around the time that a lot of people were getting degrees in Nuclear fields. There was no jobs to be found. When he did find a job it was as a Chemist for the state of California when they were desperate for chemists and offering killer benefits and retirement. He stayed for thirty years and cashed out.

Laura said...

Love it - Punx! And love the movie - hubby watches it over and over again...

And how sweet that he wants to keep Innie still - reminds me of our little man. :-)

Abbey said...

That's perfect. I'm glad you finally came up with a name! I was getting worried there.