Monday, October 01, 2007

Our First Project


When we bought our home we knew we bought a house that needed a little love. Our carpet is gross. The kitchen is awful, that is the first to go. The basement we call the Brady den, even though our house was built in 1994, we still haven't quite figured that one out. But we have started at least. You can see a little the two colors happening on my kitchen wall, the white and the tan. The tan is actually wallpaper glue that I am still working on, one slow strip at a time. The white is actually wall that I have found. The wallpaper in the kitchen is this tiny-blue flowered monstroity that I can bear to look at anymore. I have to post a picture before I tear it all down.
Anyway the point of this picture is our first mini-project down. Our laundry area. It had only one shelf, an unpainted unreachable thing for my 5 foot 4 inch frame anyway. Dan put up some shelves and I actually got to organized my cleaning products and make it look pretty. Now I can open my doors and just gaze at the prettiness. One down, we haven't counted how many to go.

3 comments:

Pure Golding said...

Congrats! Its always nice to put some love into your home! Makes it feel more like your own! Ken just finished re-doing the childrens closets for the same reason. No useable space and since it was those wire closets, they had no hanging or bookshelves. Now they are done in wood and tons more shelves and hanging space. They love 'em! Now, if he weren't so burned out I would get my "little" closet done! Maybe next year.

Supercool Mom said...

I love your organizer baskets! I bet it feels soooo good to look at that organized space.

Nikki said...

I have looked at this picture a dozen times because it is so inspiring. I love how organized it it. And I love the baskets too!