Monday, October 29, 2007

Trunk or Treat

Well, we headed out to the Trunk or Treat Saturday at the Farm. Our Stake owns a farm, it is so cool. We do lots of activities there. They have a pavilion, barn, bathrooms, and tons of space. The kids had lots of fun, too much candy. Especially since Dan and I will be eating it while the kids are in bed.

The one downside, the costumes. Once again the kids wanted to be some obscure thing that no one had heard of. I didn't even know what they were talking about when they said they wanted to do people from Pucca, a Korean cartoon they like. Innie said he wanted to be Avio, DD wanted to be Pucca, and Bug was all excited to be Garu. Who? What is a Garu? What happened to the days when I knew all the words to the Dora show?

Oh right, that's what happened. I knew all the words to Blue's Clues, Dora, and way too many other things. And would find myself singing them on my own time. So I pulled back, put the parental locks on the TV to TV-PG and above so they can only watch 7 and below and took back my life.

So now here I am a little while later watching Pucca on purpose to make sketches for their costumes when I realize, I made an excellent choice. My world of news and books and "Momma shows" is just fine.

Here is a pictures of Pucca, Garu, and Avio...





Dan and I are the bad guys, the ninjas they fight all the time. I forgot to get a picture. So more pictures coming after Halloween.

But here is a link to YouTube to show you some Pucca, if you just watch the opening credits you see all the characters. The opening credits is all you need to see to get the gist of the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOfg1HOMv1M




I tried and I tried to embed but I guess I am still clueless. I could not get it to work. I will remain low-tech forever.

No comments: