Tuesday, October 30, 2007

One of those days

As I am typing this with only my right hand and my left hand pinky and ring finger it will take me awhile to explain my day, especially with all this back spacing I am doing.

1. Started out easy enough. Doctor's appt. for me with Bug able to do a "Daddy Work Day." The other two did it when Dan was in the AF and now Bug is finally old enough to behave himself for a couple hours in a work environment. He was so excited to go to work.












2. I go to the Doctors to get some warts frozen, hence the gimpy typing. And some weird thing on my ankle. The doctor decided that cauterization was a better route than freezing. He burns my ankle without lidocaine and it sucked so when he asked if I wanted to do my fingers without, I decided why be a hero? I used drugs when the kids were born, I can use some now. Four needle sticks later on each side of the finger and all of a sudden I am feeling nauseous. The doctor starts asking me a question but he voice is strange, like a out of tune radio. Then I am getting dizzy but I am sitting down already. He then starts to burn the first wart, and I realize I can barely hear him at all anymore so time to speak up. "I'm feeling really dizzy and I can't really hear you." He instantly gets me on the bed and calls the nurse for some IV. He's talking to me and asking me questions but sometimes I can't answer. I thought that I held on but the doctor told me later than I was out for almost a minute. Man, I haven't passed out in almost ten years.


3. "Daddy work day" cut short by Dan having to pick me up and take me home after my IV is done. The bright side, Dan got the rest of the day off. I now have a headache and take a nap.


4. When I wake up and get up and about the kids have all written me notes and put them in the mail box for me. Notes like "One thing I love about Mom is..." The kind of things that make you love being a momma.


5. I get ready just in time for my first FRG meeting, a spouse group through Dan's work. Dan, of course, had to take me to my car at the hospital first. While at the meeting at Starbucks somehow I poured Hot Chocolate in my hair and almost reversed into one of the other women. I think I might have volunteered for some committee job, too.


6. I came home to find a whole pizza in the sink. Dan made dinner and decided to let them eat it in the basement in front of the TV, a rare treat. He opens the basement door holding the pizza on plates to find the basement completely dark. Sometimes the kids turn off the lights for spooky TV watching. He steps on the first step to find it is already occupied. While trying not to squish Innie to death he sort jumps and runs down the steps while the pizza goes flying all down the stairs and a little on the walls. Dinner was delayed to wait for the second pizza to cook. But they still got to eat downstairs.



Its only 8:30 p.m. I am exhausted.

4 comments:

Pure Golding said...

Sounds like a wonderful, why did I get out of bed this morning kind of day! Those days make the others seem so dull and yet so worth living! I hope you're feeling better soon! Have a Happy Halloween!

Abbey said...

Oh man! What a day! It's kinda funny to read from this end, but I'm sure you weren't laughing. I had one of those days the other week. UGG!!
Hope you guys are all doing well.
Love,
Abbey

Supercool Hotmama said...

Wow, what a day! I hope innie's a cat not a kid -

BTW I did not start a private blog without you. My blog has been stolen! I did start a new blog until I can get this straightened out it's hotmamashouse at blogspot dot com. Come by and see me. And yeah, you'll see this exact message on all my blogfriends comments. BTW, don't email me, my email has been compromised too so I'll be getting a new one in the next day or two. Sorry about the hassle.

Nikki said...

Wow. That's all I have to say.