Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Anniversary


Happy 10th Daniel. Yesterday 10 years ago Dan and I went on our first date. Training Table for dinner, then a Haunted House (my first one), and then we drove to Mount Olympus (also another first).

A few days before this I asked Dan after work if he wanted to "hang out." We went to his apartment and watch Clueless, when it was over we just kept talking, let the video rewind itself and ignored the TV for the next few hours. We talked the rest of the night. I actually mean that. I got home at 7 a.m., my roommate was not happy. She was my older sister.

Dan had a date that next night, one of about three after his mission. At work the next day he asked me what he should do on the date. I played all the sly moves. "Well, that depends on what message you want to send her. Do you like her?" His answer, "No, I didn't really mean to ask her out, I just asked if she wanted to drive together to Stake conference and she made it sound like a date." That answer satisfied me to give him some excellent advice which follows. Dan, "Should I take her to a Haunted House?" Me, "Oh no, she'll be all over you, grab your hand when she gets scared and all that." Dan, "Right, I better not do that." Me, "Right, just dinner and Stake conference, just keep it friendly and short." And he did.

The next day he asked me to go out the following Wednesday. Dan,"What would you like to do?" Me, "I've never been to a Haunted House before." Dan didn't catch on to what I had done until we had been married about three years and I told the story to a bunch of friends. And, yes, I was all over him every time I got scared.

Dan proposed two weeks later.

3 comments:

Pure Golding said...

Guys make the worst patients! Ken left for the land while I, Caryssa and Sarah were sick. Where is the justice. He would call and say "You sound better!?" I think he hoped I would get over it before he came home, which I did. I am saving the flu to share with him another time!!!

Supercool Mom said...

That is GreAT! I love hearing how people met and fell in love...you find out so much about them that way! Sneaky!

Nikki said...

You rock Cristtin.