Saturday, October 27, 2007

I am so happy

Yesterday, Dan and I had a date. It revolved around a Hail and Farewell, that's a work function for you non-military people, but what do I care it had no kids. When it was over it was too late to see a movie, our date stand-by and besides there is nothing out right now. So we did our other standby, Home Depot. We walk around and dream about all the things that we want to do to the house. Except we have actually moved into planning phase! The other day there was a pallet sale at a tile outlet store and we bought enough tile to do the kitchen and both bathrooms for about $1500 less than it should have been. So we went to the Depot to find out about the tiling class. We are clueless about tiling but we are still determined to do it ourselves for the fun, the exasperation of it all, and, oh, its so much cheaper. Talk about saving another $1500 on installation. That is one reason I am so happy. We should get started next weekend on the tile in the kitchen.



Here's the tile...




The next reason is actually because of Wal-mart. I don't think I have ever typed or said that sentence before. We went there next to buy the last couple of things we needed for the kids costumes, Trunk or Treat tonight. And Dan decided he had to have some OJ, some sort of Flu-mist craving. So I went to the dairy just to check if maybe just maybe they might have it. Stores start carrying it in October but the Commissary had already let me down so I was nervous. But Wal-mart didn't let me down, which on some level, they almost always do which is why I try to go to Target but I needed some sewing notions and I had a gift card. Anyway, I ramble.

They had it, EGG NOG. I am not a happy holiday season type person. I get the after Halloween blues but Egg Nog is the one thing that can always brighten me up. It is that one holiday thing that comes with no expectations, just buy me and I will give you high-caloric bliss. So I did. I bought a quart, no sense in going crazy, I am still trying to lose weight. But now I can do my two favorite things, just take a glass of egg nog watered down with a little skim milk or when I really want to just let loose an Egg Nog shake, Nog mixed in with Vanilla Ice Cream. And I just happen to have Vanilla in the freezer, I love when everything aligns for my benefit.


I am so happy.

Side-note, I just spell-checked, the computer doesn't have Nog in their database but it does have Snog. Why is that?

2 comments:

Supercool Mom said...

I LoVe egg nog! I like it straight and I could drink a gallon a day. YUM.

Pure Golding said...

Just don't try the pumpkin spice kind. I don't like it. Egg nog comes out here at Halloween every year courtosy of Cream of Weber.
Nice costumes! We went lazy and store bought this year- all except for Jess who is a Goth Ballerina. Too easy! I kinda like the Goth thing. Black eyeliner and nails. Its me! All except for the black hair, cutting and all black clothes! Have a super Halloween!