Sunday, November 11, 2007

Three Kiddo Stories

Here are some of those things that kids do and say. There is one for each of my kids for the last couple of days.

Innie... 8 years old (turns 9 in Feb.)

We are driving in the truck at night and for some reason DD wants to book that Innie has even though neither of them can read it since it is so dark. Also, for some reason Innie won't give it to her and is relishing in the noises he is making his sister make. And now DD is complaining because he's not doing anything with the book so why won't he just let her have it? So I finally put my two cents in, "If you can't think of anything to do with it why not let your sister have it?" He responds in a very sweet, too sweet tone, "I can hug the book." DD starts to cry. I have officially taught one of my children sarcasm. Actually at that moment I turned to Dan and said, "I'm so proud."

DD... age 6 (turns 7 next month)

We are in day two of kitchen renovation, this is yesterday, and its time to mix some mortar for the subfloor. Dan brings out the mixer bit that fixes onto a drill, it is a huge beater thing that looks just like a hand mixer's little beaters. DD's eyes get huge and she jumps all over us, "Can I be the one to lick that when you're done?"

Bug... age 4 (turned 4 in July)

Background info, he is a Daddy's boy, I mean Daddy's boy. I am so low on the totem these days its not even funny. I used to pick him up and ask,"Are you my Buddy-Buddy?" He would always say yes and hug me. Then Dan left for the summer and since he has come back I am nothing. And I am more than a little jealous. All day long its just me and him, we do all sorts of fun things. I am so much more of a relaxed and better mom these days than I ever was when I had three pre-schoolers. I take him to the gas station and let him help me pump. Before I had a strict "you all stay in the car and you're going to not fight, kick, scream if you know what's good for you" policy. I don't spoil him but lets just say we might be border line with our youngest.
So we again are driving in the car and they are all acting up and I issue my vague, "Knock it off or you'll be busted," threat because I can't think of anything to take away off the cuff. So Dan says, "Lets bust their heads." We then threaten to bust everything from arms, legs, butts, eyeballs, and brains. When we stop we realize Bug is chanting in the back, "Kill Mom, Kill Mom." over and over again. I go, "Hey what's that about?" He says, "You were gonna bust my brains." My reply, "Well, Daddy wanted to bust your eyeballs." I thought I had him with this one since Bug prays everyday that we not poke each other in the eyeballs, we are not sure why. My smile was triumphant when he chanted, "Kill Dad..." but it quickly faded because the whole thing he said was, "Kill Dad, I mean Snuggle Dad, Snuggle Dad." I am back on the bottom.

2 comments:

Pure Golding said...

You're so funny. I think I woul have washed out my kids mouths had they said the work "kill"! How patient you must be! Those blogs are the very reason we seldom take all the kids together in one car! We even take two to church to keep the Spirit! Actually, road trips are fun once they get older. Caryssa and Ash entertain us with camp songs, Karolin and Jess entertain us with who can come up with the best reason to argue, Sam and Sarah just keep asking for a drink, Jarom just makes funny faces and we all love to sing along to Blue (Dabadee Dabadye).

SuperCoolMom said...

Those are great! So cute and funny. Love the lick the beaters remark!