Monday, September 10, 2007

Who knew?

I've been tagged to post 5 things you might not know about me and I've decided to do this up right and be very confessional...

1. I have been known to watch Beverly Hills 90210. Not just as a teenager, I didn't ever watch it as a teenager, I mean like a couple weeks ago.

2. I have an innie and an outie belly button. I can pull my belly button out.

3. I have lost 10 lbs this summer. Not confessional, just bragging.

4. I miss North Dakota so much it hurts. Dan researches Guards jobs there at least once a month and has even made contacts there. We would do almost anything to move back. That one still surprises me. I haven't changed the car or truck plates and I don't intend to.

5. I am the only, and I mean only one who spends money in the family. Dan and I recently decided that we have to get out of debt quicker than we are so we made a lot of hard decisions. We let go of some luxury items, like Bug's preschool, its up to me now, and some cable channels, no more Jon Stewart, I miss him so much. But everything we let go only affected my life. What could Dan cut back on? Nothing, well, coming home once a month would save some gas money, but we decided against that one. Literally he spends no extra money. It is all me, my scrapbooking, my Y membership(I didn't give that up), my TV shows, my Time magazine, my other magazine. Man, did I feel like a heel. Oh well. I just have to come to grips with the fact that Dan is my polar money opposite. We have already set our first goal. We should have our first thing paid off with all the extra money we are saving by next spring then we will get a little reward, I get my Jon Stewart back.

Anyway, nothing too shocking I hope besides the 90210 thing, I figured I better start out with the most shocking and go from there. Thanks, Nikki, that felt good to get off my chest I had been hiding that shameful secret for too long and now begins the recovery, Melrose Place.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

And what about Spam Cristtin? Is there something you want to share with us about Spam?

Haddorkus said...

That is so funny, I actually shared that shameful secret with two 7 month pregnant sisters at Enrichment on Tuesday night. But I felt is was too confessional for everyone else at this time.

littlegloria TREASURESREBORN said...

When one has the choice to move to one's favorite place to live, one would think that it would be closer to family...not far away. If the latter were the case, then we can kiss goodbye family gatherings for birthdays, anniversaries, scrapbooking parties, just general get-togethers, sleep-overs, etc., and grandparents' mentoring. How sad will it be apart, and given the economic condition of our pocketbooks. Even when Adam and Eve left the Garden, all the animals left too. I hope you know that I am trying to convey that we love and miss you soooo much, that to hear the entertainment that you want to live so far away that it speaks the end of our dreams of being close to you. This family west of the Rockies cringe when we hear talk of moving to places other than closer to us. Personal desires to be free from debt can be a reality. Thought: to be out of debt is expediently timely, however, the debt that will never let go is the debt attached to victims when there's no family with whom to spend time expediently. Now I'm being confessional. :-((