Friday, August 31, 2007

Update Type Stuff

I am feeling less melodramatic so I can fill you guys in from the stupid panic-stricken cryptic post from a while back. Most of you know the gist of general stuff now anyway. Dan will not be deploying with his team to Iraq. His old back injury flared up on him again, I guess wearing 60 lbs of body armor the majority of the day will do that to a back. He is already doing much better now, he will be back to running in a few days. He should be back to full PT in a couple months maybe a few weeks. Right now we are playing the waiting game on his new orders. His branch manager says that she has a slot for him here at Campbell which is what we want, what with the brand new mortgage and schools and all that. His paperwork should have been released from Riley already or will be any day now. Then it heads on to her desk and she can cut orders. Once Dan has his orders he can out-process at Riley and come home. Until then he has to stay at Riley and we still just see him once a month like we have been all summer. Though he did surprise me and wrangle a pass for my birthday this past weekend, and he is on his way home now so two weekends in a row, we are getting quite spoiled. The kids and I are praying everyday that he can come home. There is only one concern about him getting here too soon. Fort Campbell is getting ready to deploy so if Dan gets his orders at the right time and he heals at the right time a deployment this year or very soon thereafter is not out of the question. Well, nothing has been in our hands so far, so its too late to start thinking that they are now. Between our Heavenly Father and the government, well, what can I say.

4 comments:

MNATTH said...

Yes..Heavenly Father and the government work so well together. ha ha ha. I guess that's what keeps you guessing the most, huh? Well. I am going to stop complaining that Mike isn't home 3 nights a week for softball and scouts. I hope one day Dan will never have to leave again...when is that? - retirement?

Pure Golding said...

Having them home ALL the time is really no picnic, but if I had to choose between all the time and hardly ever, I would just have to keep him around! I'm glad he was there for your b-day. Did you have fun? What movie did you see?

Haddorkus said...

We saw The Last Legion, we liked it, it was clean as a war movie can be. No cussing and no other inapproiate stuff. The next weekend we saw Stardust. It took forever to convince Dan to see it and I think he might have liked it more than I did and I really loved it. He talked about it for about two days after, it was really good.

Nikki said...

You're it!