Friday, September 21, 2007

To Cut or Not to Cut


Here I am again. Back to the age old question, what do I do with my long hair? I reached one milestone I don't know if I have ever reached before, I got through a TDY without doing something to it. Dan made me promise I wouldn't cut it off while he was gone. He has come home to a blond when he left a semi-brunette. He has come home to a wife with 7-8 inches shorter hair then when he left. I even got rid of a perm once while he was gone, everyone was glad about that one. That option is not on the table, by the way. There is something about him being gone that makes be get bored with my hair and then want to do something drastic.

You hear those stories all the time of the wives who can point to a piece of furniture or a painted room and say I did that when so-and-s0 was at so-and-so. I can't do that. My TDY habit at least is slightly cheaper. But now that he is home and I kept my promise I can do something to it, right?

I am open to suggestions. I am a hair, make-up clueless kind of person. My hair right now is the same more or less that it has been my whole life. My high school so-cal beach hair. I am just not blond anymore. I don't wear make-up, I only curl for church. My hair is straight, and I mean straight. I can put my hair in a bun wet after a shower and pull it out hours later to brush it for the first time and it doesn't look all that different than if I had blow-dried it. It will hold a slight curl under but mega curl, not so much. So I don't do much for it and we basically leave each other alone. I wear it down almost everyday except for cooking then we ride the pony express.

So here are the family votes, Dan is firmly against any sort of cut, he likes it long, you know, no change, when we met my hair was long so long it must stay. DD is in the long camp also, because all princesses have long hair. I have no idea where Innie and Bug are, I think they would go in the we don't care or wouldn't notice camp.

I am including a picture of my now hair so you all can appreciate how long my hair is now and a picture from the last time I chopped it all off, Jan 06, so you can also see how quickly it grows back. I have had haircuts, of course, in between then and now and still here's the difference. Sorry about the before, you know how often Moms are actually in pictures, I was lucky to find this one of me at Camp Snoopy.


6 comments:

Nikki said...

I say dye it. Go red or blonde. That would be fun.

MNATTH said...

My hair is about the same length as yours - I got bored of it and wanted a change, but for me it takes YEARS for me to grow my hair so I still wanted it long. I love the cut I got! Too bad I don't know the name of it. It's something like "lingere layers" but more definition and drastic. Basically I have my base long layer and then another layer 4-5 inches up and then more layers on top of that. It feels really lightweight and actually makes my hair look longer. I like it. And...you should dye your hair in the red family...it goes with the fall colors!

Pure Golding said...

I did the dye thing as well. I was tired of all the grow-out and repeat dyeing so I went darker. Its brown with a shade of red. Nice for Fall like Ang said. I also cut mine.... again. Its still not shorter than my chin- that makes my face look fat! Not that it doesn't anyway...
I like the long look for you. Maybe some layers to make it hold curl a bit better and some lighter color. Good luck. Make sure its something YOU can live with. Jen

Jessica Haddox said...

I'm an emotional cutter myself. Every time I get depressed or extremely stressed out, I do something to my hair. Couldn't tell you what to do with yours though. My hair is near the complete opposite of yours, mine being naturally wavy/curly. So I have no experience with what might work for you. Be sure you post an after picture once you decide!

Wheater said...

BANGS!!! For sure, I think would be so sexy and cute. Nice, soft swept bangs. Color looks great, length STAYS if not gets longer and maybe a carmel highlight. LOVE YOU!! You are so pretty. Love, Lisa

Supercool Mom said...

I save the short cuts for revenge. When I'm really mad, that's what I do. I like my hair short, he likes it long. Short- people ask if I've lost weight. Long- my sisters (the only truly, ruthlessly honest people on earth) say I look old, and fat. He's being good, working hard, and trying to romance me - so it's long right now (and yeah, I look old and fat).