Friday, September 14, 2007

New Blog Security Measures

I got a great tip from my blog mentor. I just spent the last hour removing the children's name from the blog. We will not only refer to the "children" in code. Its so funny but you all can probably see the practicality in it right away. In my profile it says what city I live in, what my name is, and if you Google my name even my maiden name my blog is first and only on the list since my name is spelled too weird to give me competition. So then I post pictures of my children on the blog and then tell you all about them. So we will just not give out anymore info about them. So your job now is to remember their nicknames, won't be hard, and then use them in your comments. However, I will be updating their code names on a regular basis and whether or not you get their new names will tell you your security level. After I have changed their names if you receive confirmation of the change within 24 hours then you have the highest clearance, 48 hrs not so much, 72 hrs just be glad I thought of you, and after that stop reading the blog because I have no idea who you are. Now have I taken this too far?
Oh yeah, names. My first is Innie, male. Next in line is DD, pretty princess, I think you can all guess the gender, and last is Bug also male.
One last thing, I seem to be a little blog addicted this week and am quite enjoying it but it won't last. Since no one noticed my subtle count down on the side under my picture this is also to tell you to not expect to hear from me for a few days as Dan is coming home today. He got his orders yesterday. We were pretty sure they were coming by Tuesday but you cannot be sure, this is the Army we are dealing with. Anyway, orders Thursday, home Friday not bad. We haven't told the kids, we are going to surprise them tonight when he comes through the door tonight, do a movie night and head to the Lake tomorrow. Then, of course, he reports to the 101st sustainment brigade first thing Monday Monday morning.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Good for you for changing names too. It took me like four days to change all 227 posts. I'm sure I've missed some. And unfortunately, I'm sure there are quite a few pictures that need to be renamed. Eventually.

I'm glad you're posting more. I'm completely addicted to blogging. It makes it seem like I'm not alone going crazy talking to the five and under crowd.

We really miss you guys. I'd love to have you back!

Supercool Mom said...

Good idea, I really worry about people (including my sis) who post too much info about their families. I may be paranoid, but I can try to keep my kids safe. Besides, I live near my family - they see my kids bi-weekly - so my blog is just for meeeee. Although it is really tempting to post pics of my cuties! If I can't stand the temptation, I'll just start a private blog for that.