Monday, February 05, 2007

We Got THE news

Well, we knew is was coming but it still sucked when it came. Dan will be deploying to Iraq this year. He will leave for Fort Riley, KS May 31 for training and will stay there 2-3 months. He should be in Kuwait by early September and then Iraq from there. Most people in his class got their MIT orders this week too. It was a long week. All the wives calling everybody else, "Did you get your orders? Did Matt get them, what about Dave, etc, etc?" Our neighbor left on Friday for his deployment. That made it real. The only thing that scares me is that I seem to be handling it well. Wives who have already gone through a deployment seem to be more freaked out than I am. Do they know something I don't? Of course they do, they have lived without their best friend for a year or more and know what to expect. So I am worrying that I am not worrying enough.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hmm... I too would be worrying that I'm not worrying enough. Or maybe you know in your heart that everything will be okay and that's why you're calm.