Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ian's baptism

Innie was baptized on Feb. 4. It was an amazing experience. Ukki, grandfather in Finnish, came out for the weekend to be there for it. Friday, when he flew in we stopped at the DC Temple before going home. His flight came in at 4:30pm and we left the airport about 1/2 an hour later. It took us two hours to get to the Temple. Distance from Reagan Airport to the DC Temple: 22 miles. They had a sign up saying they needed people for sealings and I happened to have a stack of names that needed sealing. My father and I did a family with 13 children and now they are sealed. It was a really cool feeling, a good accomplishment. One more link in the chain is done. Then two days later watching my oldest son be baptized was quite the thing. I can't even think of that many words for it. I am in awe over having a son this old and the excitement he had for this next step. He asked to meet with the missionaries before he was baptized and took all the discussions. All I could think was, Who is the kid? Just goes to show me that he is really something great. The questions he asked the things he knew, I was like we didn't teach him that. Primary is so awesome. The other day he got in trouble for yelling at Dan and when he came out he told Dan is was sorry and that he had asked Heavenly Father for forgiveness. Where is this kid from? He is my kid? One of those times where I can't think of a joke and am just humbled by this calling I have.

1 comment:

glo said...

Honey, do you have pics of the baptism, the skating, the other stuff that's gone on since we left. Oh, ya, put some "scrapbook" stuff on your blog too. Let Dan know we expect him to update the blog when he's not in your loving arms. Mom