Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tragedy strikes

The most heinous crime was perpetrated last Tuesday night, 8 p.m. e.s.t. It happened here in VA. I don't know if this was a crime spree or just a local tragedy. If there are other victims around the country then at least I know that I am not alone in my struggles. Gilmore Girls was pre-empted by college basketball. Did you hear me? Pre-empted by sports. Its an outrage. Who in the entire nation when sitting down to watch Gilmore would then sit quietly and enjoy VA Tech battle North Carolina? I'll tell you, only Dan. Everyone else must have felt my panic attack. It was a new episode and not just any episode the commercial hinted at Lorelai and Chris breaking up! This is not the time for ball. I am beside myself with severe umbrage. I am running out of words to describe this hopeless feeling that hasn't left me since 8:01 p.m. Tuesday night. What do I do? Go on the website and read what happened. READ Gilmore Girls, that is like being told your chocolate craving will be satisfied by a tootsie roll. Guess what? It doesn't. And what happens next week when I watch and don't know what happened in the mean time? Oh, whatever am I to do? BASKETBALL!!!! oh, the humanity.

1 comment:

Pure Golding said...

Okay, calm down girl! Do you recognize the syptoms of addiction here? Get a grip! Take a deep breath, and go eat a tootsie roll! :) Sorry you couldn't see it, it was really, really good.;)Love Jen