Monday, February 19, 2007

Tragedy averted

The all clear siren has been rang. Kismet realigned my life in the form of a migraine to make all right with the world again. Dan and I had a date on Saturday night. We went and saw Ghost Rider, I'm sorry to my family, Dan made me, it was so awful. Shocker, huh? By the end of the movie I had a migraine, another shocker, huh? The doctor has me on new meds and I don't think that my body is quite responding yet. Anyway, dinner was scrapped and we went home. An hour later I emerged from my cave feeling good enough to at least watch some TV. Dan and I watched a movie on the CW, a movie I had remembered as funny but turned out to not be so much. When it was over Dan turned it to sports when just as kismet would have it, it was North Carolina my old Nemesis from last Tuesday. For no reason at all Dan turned back to the CW to see what they would show after the movie and what was it? Gilmore Girls! The lost missing much mourned over episode. Saturday night, 10 pm e.s.t., the CW made amends and saved my sanity before this next Tuesday and and all new fresh episode. I agony of the decision that I was facing was solved for me by the cosmos in the form of a ruined date. My migraine, the blessing in disguise. I am so happy. Bring on tomorrows new episode. By the way, the episode was so good, one not to be missed. Have I said it yet? I am so happy.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

So, my whole point to getting cable was to watch Gilmore Girls. I watched precisely two episodes of this season because I kept forgetting to turn on the t.v. in time Tuesday nights. Then I realized the only other channels we watched were ones that we could pick up with our antenna for free. I also realized that Danny and I like to watch movies together more than t.v. shows and we were always renting from the Shoppette. So we canceled cable and subscribed to Netflix. Oh how I love to see their little red envelopes in my mailbox. I figure I'll have to rent Gilmore Girls when it comes out altogether as a full season or get it from Netflix. Oh, and we finally got a local number. Darn those lying Vonage people promising us a local number in a month. It was a FULL YEAR and it didn't happen-- so we switched back to good old SRT. I'll call you with the number.

Dave&Karen said...

At least you have your priorities in the right place. Blessings just don't come by accident.

M A Haddox said...

You should try living in Idaho when things like that happen BUT you don't have smart networks that ever do re-runs. I know you don't have high-speed, but where would i be w/o downloading episodes off the I'net. <3