Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Metaphor

Such an interesting dream I had the other night. I love the way the brain works. This dream was the perfect metaphor for my life right now and you will all see why. There will be no need for explanation.

I am going through a medical procedure. Actually it is prep-work for a medical procedure. Dan is with me, holding my hand and being all supportive. As I am doing this, I am wondering, why am I doing this? I ask Dan, and he says that he thinks it will help. You think? What is it going to help? I don't know, maybe your headaches. Wait, I am going to let doctors to something to me and we are not sure why? Well, okay. And of course we are not in a doctor's office it appears to be the beach. I am also fine with that.

So the prep-work is done and Dan and I take a stroll down the beach. We are just talking and waiting for the procedure to begin. I am getting nervous and holding onto Dan a little tighter. He just keeps talking. Then a couple of doctors come to get me and say it is time to start. They start leading me to the area where it will be done. I turn around to make sure Dan is coming with me. Dan is no where on the beach. The doctors take me to the room by myself.

I woke up. It was time for the alarm to go off. Time to get the kids ready for school. Time to start another day by myself.

3 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Wow. It is wild the way our minds reflect our feelings - even feelings we don't acknowledge or verbalize.

Abbey said...

dreams are crazy

MNATTH said...

Sad Cristtin, yet - he is there in spirit and you can get strength from that. Do people tell you that all the time? I just had to wonder that...then I thought, wait, she's probably puking over that comment it's so serious! Well. You know,,,he's probably having the same dream.