Friday, November 21, 2008

Uhhh, thanks?

Yesterday, I took a break from studying to actually do something. As I crashed and burned on my test this afternoon it probably wasn't the best idea. Anyway, I decided to go to enrichment. I have only gone like three times the year and a half we have lived here. It is the same time as swim team practice so I never make it. Yesterday, was the last day of swimming before we take a break. Less is more. So I pulled the kids out of swimming until Jan.

So, I get to the church and one of the first things someone says to me is..."You look exhausted."

I am pretty sure the phrase "worn-out" was in there also. I replied that, "Yes, I am but I am so glad that you can tell." Well, now. I have mirrors, I know that the bags under my eyes now resemble duffel bags rather than hand bags but ouch.

Here's to the future:

4 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

Who told you that you look exhausted?!? All things considered, I think you look great :)

Daniel T said...

Ha! At least you can face everything with a sense of humor, I find that's one of the most helpful attributes at times like these. Anyway, thanks for your comment about Twilight, I love to see people stand up for their side and, in your case, take an objective look. Also, I like what you say about Edward, from what I gather you're right about him although it seems that most people missed that nuance of his character. Thanks again!

Laura said...

Cristtin - could you visit this link and see if you'd like to help me out? I hate to ask, and understand if you can't - but I'm asking everyone I "know"... thank you!

http://thepeanutpatch.blogspot.com/2008/11/help-homeschool-mom-this-christmas.html

Charlotte said...

Wow, I love when people tell me how tired I look, like I don't know. That just has to be one of the rudest comments anyone can make.