Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Life or Pancakes

From the movie "Stranger Than Fiction"

Harold Crick - "I want to live! I mean who in their right mind in a choice between pancakes and living, chooses pancakes?"
Professor Hilbert - "Harold, if you pause to think I believe you'd realize that that answer is inextricably contingent upon the type of life being lead and, of course, the quality of the pancakes."

On an aside, I really like this movie, some of my favorite quotes are from this little know Will Ferrell movie. It is not a normal sense of the word comedy but it is very funny. Smart funny.

To the point, I love that line. I'm not trying to sound pathetic, but I hope when I look back at my life it would appear to be better than high quality pancakes. I'm just saying.

1 comment:

oda41143 Missy said...

I love that movie too. It was very strange to see Will Ferrell in a role like this, but we really enjoyed it. I had pancakes for dinner last night and I pray to God that my life ends up better than those!!!