Sunday, September 21, 2008

Things that make you go hmmm...

I had a crappy week. I had been studying non-stop for my first Anatomy and Physiology test. At a minimum I put in thirty hours of study. I was doing about four hours a day on a light day and that was just last week. The test was on Friday and I am almost positive that I failed it. If I knew where this professor lived he would find a flaming bag of dog poop on his doorstep. No multiple choice, no matching. All short answer, define, or sketch and draw. I went through the study materials four or five times. It was about 100 pages. It would appear that the things that did stick weren't on the test. If I don't get a good grade in this class I will have to take it again. And not just because I care about my GPA, although, I really do. Getting in the radiology department isn't a given, you must apply and be accepted. My two classes of A&P are the only health field related classes that I take. I can't imagine that a poor grade makes me look like a promising candidate.

First thing I did after I turned in that joke of a completed test was go eat. I have given up food until Dan gets home but I made an exception for Friday. And I made it a point that I wasn't going to think about that stupid test until Monday when hopefully I will get the results.

Saturday, I took the kids to a video conference with Dan. It was really nice. And weird. I literally hadn't seen my husband in about nine months. Seeing him was surreal. The kids acted like the monkeys they are but if they weren't there, I think Dan and I might have had an awkward time of it. We talk on the phone a lot and our conversation never lag, but now looking at each other through a bad pixelated screen, what do you say? It made me suddenly really nervous for R&R. Then we had a baptism for a friend and I dropped them off at Super Saturday. I had originally planned on canceling but changed my mind for some retail therapy.

I got my haircut, found the outfit for the airport. I took mostly everybody's advice, nice and casual. New jeans with a nice three button jacket. And really cute dark plaid heels with shiny black on the toe and heel. It felt really nice to buy a pair of jeans two sizes smaller and they just went right on, no squishing.

Then today, it looks like Punx might have pink eye. Second week in a row of missing church. I missed school last Monday because Bug was sick and now Punx. I got him a doctor's app for the afternoon but now I have three more days to freak over the test.

So I needed a laugh. I remember my chopstick paper that I kept from one time taking the kids to the nearby buffet always intending to share it but forgot. So here it is...



In case you can't read it: Welcome to Chinese Restaurant. please try your Nice Chinese Food With Chopsticks the Traditional and typical of chinese glorious history. And cultual

All punctuation and capitalization is as it appears on the original. That also reminds me, on my birthday we went to PF Changs and my fortune cookie didn't have a fortune. That is really bad right? Not getting a fortune on your birthday?

This got me to thinking of something I read in The Time a while back about the Chinese translating all their signs for the Olympics into English. They didn't do so well, I did a quick search. Spent a whole lot of time laughing and decided to share my favorites...









#7 is the head scratcher.

I need a laugh, that was good. All I did was google Chinese funny signs.

6 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Those signs are great! We have one store here that I've been dying to send in to Engrish - Shoes Town. I laugh every time I see it.

Two sizes!!! Awesome! Sounds like the perfect outfit. Don't worry about the teleconference thing, I'm sure it was just the odd situation. Is there a delay? I'm sure the whole situation would be uncomfortable.

Test? What test? I'm sure you underestimate yourself. Besides, after this one you'll know what he expects and can prepare better. The first test with a new instructor is always the worst.

SuperCoolMom said...

Wow! After re-reading my comment, I sound very sure of myself. Isn't that comforting? LOL!

Nicole Shelby said...

i know you were venting...but i couldn't help finding your whole post funny. sorry. it's pure empathy baby. i've taken those classes. i've had sick kids. i haven't had a weird teleconf call after 9 mos...but you describe it well. my bro-in-law did just leave for Iraq (again) last week.

the signs were hilarious.

and the new, smaller jeans? awesome! i am so jealous...and yet very happy for you simultaneously.

y'know...thinking about you? i love you. and i miss you.

Nicole Shelby said...

separate comments: i've gone back through your posts and i've found several references to your lost weight. but, not how/what/etc. i wanna know details! congratulations. i'm struggling to banish my own stubborn rolls - and i think you might be my inspiration...so, share details!

separate again: saw the pic of lisa. how the heck is she? i haven't seen or heard from her in years!

Abbey said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Jessica Haddox said...

Engrish.com is one of my all-time favorite sites! I particularly like the rule that you can't make loud noises so you don't scare the other people in the toilet.