Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Randomness

I have some random questions I need some answers to. I have had them floating in my head forever now while I was in the kitchen, going oh, I'll put that in the blog. So instead of any orderly fashion or anything that makes sense I am just going to throw it out there to get it out of my skull.

Why are they billing episode 11 of Heroes as a Finale? Aren't seasons supposed to be 22 episodes long? Does anyone know something I don't? After the horribleness of last season and having to say goodbye to Gilmore my new obsession is Heroes. Its on season 2, they aren't deserting me too?

I called Dan on Nov 5 and left him a voicemail, he claimed to have never received it. I was all attitude at him about it and like whatever. Then when he was standing right next to me on Nov 11 his phone beeps out of his pocket out of nowhere. Its my voicemail. Where was it? What kind of adventures did it have during it 7 days of traveling from my phone to Dan's? Did it get stuck in someone else's phone before it realized it shouldn't be there? Or worse did it get stuck in someone? Yuck. Should I not think about a lost voicemail this much?

I picked up my Dad from the airport last Friday before Thanksgiving. I brought Bug with me so Dan could put the house back in some semblance of order before we got there. After we got him and we had been in the car with Ukki (grandfather in Finnish) for about 30 minutes Bug says, "If I think Ukki is old and creepy, I am gonna have to run away." When we finally got to our house, Bug informs me and Ukki that, "I don't think he is creepy." Does that mean he still thinks he is old? And where did my four year old get the idea of running away?

Why is the month before deployment so awful? Poor Dan. If he wants to do something that doesn't include me I want to freak out. "You are leaving for 15 months, don't you want to be with me?" Its like being pregnant, I am so psycho. The poor man can't spend every minute before he leaves with me but I feel like following him to the bathroom. I have a meeting to go to tonight and all I can think about is the time its taking away. I can't cram 15 months into one but can't seem to stop trying to.

We are still not done with the kitchen. But all the steam is gone. We are doing finishing work now but the list is still really long. And we keep running into those problems that you don't plan on like the laundry doors don't fit now that the floor is higher, so we have to get new doors. Now our goal is to just get it done before Christmas and Dan leaving.

There, I hope you enjoyed it being spewed at you all at once, now to the meeting I don't want to leave Dan for, what I baby I am becoming.

3 comments:

Jessica Haddox said...

The Writers Guild of America is on strike. It's affecting many shows which are being forced to air reruns and make early season finales. Heroes prepped for an early season end on day one of the strike. It's now day... 23ish, I'm thinking? The strike has also indefinitely postponed a would be spin off, Heroes: Origins which was supposed to air 6 episodes for the mid season Heroes hiatus.

SuperCoolMom said...

I would be the same way - following him around and hanging on him. That's got to be so hard.

Did you try just cutting an inch or two off the bottom of the old door or are the hinges in the way?

I sent my hubby an email - he didn't get it for three days! It was a grocery list and I could have sent it snail mail in that amount of time. What the heck?

M A Haddox said...

As part of the Patriot Act, all Voice Mails are now being screened by Dept of US Defense. With Dan being in the Army, it stands with reason that his calls are the first to be screened.