Thursday, November 15, 2007

Renovation Madness

I am now officially going crazy. We are three days behind schedule on the kitchen and out of town family descends for Thanksgiving tomorrow. TOMORROW? What were we thinking doing this the weekend before my Dad comes? We thought we could get the tiling done on Monday. We laid the last tile last night at 9:30 p.m. We still haven't grouted. Or sealed. Or finished painting the cabinets. Or finished taking off the wallpaper on the top half of the wall. Or painted the bottom half. Or put anything remotely back in its place.

Right now we are eating in the craft room off of my craft table. The kitchen is in the living room which is completely filled up and the kids haven't step foot in the kitchen since last Thursday. They just stand in the doorway and play that sick car game, "Are we there yet?" "Can we come in yet?" NO! I will tell you, stop asking, stop asking, please make them stop asking. We finally decided last night to do a formal ribbon cutting ceremony for them for when they can come back into the kitchen since they are so dying to come in.

Meanwhile, in the past week I have only posted twice. Showered, I am ashamed to say how little I have showered. Been sleeping six hours, I am a solid 8-9 hours girl (very cranky person). Not eating well, have not worked out at all. Haven't been able to get the primer off my hands and arms for 24 hours. Don't think I have brushed my hair today. Stop using full sentence a while ago.

My Dad comes tomorrow and we will not be done, I have accepted it. My KY sister and her boys are also coming too. The thing that is really started to bug me though is... you know that when family comes you clean more for them than you ever do for your own family? When am I going to do that? The washer and dryer are in my living room. I spend a good part of Tuesday at a friends house doing laundry, the only break I've had besides Sunday. I haven't done any house cleaning.

One last thing, the kids are also neglected. We get them to school, hot lunch all week. They leave, we're in the kitchen. They come home, we're in the kitchen. They go to bed, we're in the kitchen. They sit at the little opening just to talk to us while we work. How sad.

Thanks for reading my rant. My back hurts, my arms hurt, my knees hurt. When will the madness end? Not today, break over, back to painting I go.

4 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Oh man. Here in AZ we go to the park for our Thanksgiving dinner. But you can't really spend a week at the park, huh? And I'm thinking you're somewhere cold...hmmm. I guess you'll just have to put the men to work, while the ladies take the kids to the mall and keep them out of the way. Maybe it was really great planning. KFC would be good for Thanksgiving...sometimes low expectations are a good thing.

Pure Golding said...

Wow! You sound so busy! Renovating is an awful thing and is highly overrated- kinda like natural childbirth! But just like birth, it is sure worth it when its finished! Hang in there!

Abbey said...

Wish I was there to help...soulds like you have your hands full! I felt that way when I painted my kitchen. That's right, I could barely just paint. I don't know how you do it :)

MNATTH said...

Good on you guys for tackling that project. When I was tiling our basement bathroom..I had to go to Lowes everytime to make a cut in the tile. I would save them up to take only one trip, but I ended up going there like 7 times and wasting probably that many tiles cause I measured wrong. You'll love it when it's done! p.s. I primed some of the house next door 3 weeks ago and I still find white strands of hair!