Monday, January 05, 2009

Resolved

Ah, the New Year. Favorite time of people everywhere to come up with ways to improve their lives, start a new talent, or meet some new goal. To put it bluntly I hate New Year resolutions. I think the whole idea that at this randomly marked date in the calendar year that now I will be able to stick to whatever goal I have in my head that somehow I wouldn't have been able to make, say, in July. I do believe in goals, making them, keeping them, and adapting as needs be. However, the whole country believing that now I will write that novel, exercise regularly, finally learn synchronized swimming because Auld Lang Syne played, hmmm. Well, now I believe you. Any goal that popped into your head then probably has been there for a while but you waited for New Year's. You mean you've been procrastinating putting into effect this life-changing idea of yours. Yeah, that's going to work. All this does is crowd up the gym for a couple of months and drive me bonkers. So Happy New Year anyway but...

This year I resolve to make no resolutions.

Oh poop, I already broke it.

2 comments:

Jessica Haddox said...

Cannot tell you how much I hate New Year resolutions! I groan and roll my eyes every year when they pass out paper and pencils in Relief Society for us to write down our goals. Ugh.

On a completely unrelated note, thanks for all the help lately. You rock! My brother would say, "Rad to the max!"

Supercool Hotmama said...

I decided to choose a goal that I want to do this year, rather than something I feel I should do. I'm totally excited about doing something that I know I will accomplish! My word for this year is CREATE! (I know. I'm such a cheater.)