Thursday, January 15, 2009

Note Home

We have a notebook call the Study Buddy that the kids bring home everyday and that I sign and return. It has homework assignments, bad notes, and upcoming events. Leafing through Bug's book is an excellent glimpse into the life of a kindergarten teacher. There is not a week without one or two notes to put a smile on my face.

The one that tops the list came yesterday...

"He had about 5 pair of underwear today."

That was all it said, so slightly baffled I called to him to explain. Did you have an accident? Did you take them with you? No, I had like 8 underwears on. All at the same time? Yes. How did your teacher find out? I told her that my stomach was hurting and she asked why and I told her because I had a lot of underwear on.

This was one of those times where no poker face parent is prepared for. I just started rolling. I signed the study buddy with: that is like the funniest thing one of my kids has ever done and got the reply: it cracked me up, too.

Today, he tried to go to school with two t-shirts on. I think the boy is cold, I'm going to the store to get him some underclothes.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh man you had me cracking up right now too...that is SO funny!!!!

Robin Fisher said...

Kids! I couldn't stop laughing. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica Haddox said...

That's great! I'm still laughing.

Nikki said...

I totally laughed out loud at this! That's so great. hehehehe

L4GWTW said...

Love it that is the best. I wish my kids would think of funny things to do like that. That is definantly a moment to tell them when they are old and dating!!

Abbey said...

That's probably one of the funniest things I've heard too!

Supercool Hotmama said...

That is Hysterical!