Saturday, August 02, 2008

Saturday to-do list

I've got everything done on my to-do list today and it's only nine p.m. so that still means I'll get a couple good hours of veg time in now that the kids are in bed. There is nothing I love more than days that are in the extremes. Extremely lazy or extremely productive and today was one of those miraculous days where it felt like I accomplished both so I wanted to give the results.

Pick-up the children from their first sleep-over (all of them)

Watch four kids all day

Clean the kitchen and floor

Take all seven kids out for some sprinkler time

Pay the bills

And read Breaking Dawn

The last one on the list was obviously my top priority so it got the majority of my attention today. Oh man, it was so excellent. I am very satisfied with the whole thing. There are always those couple things here and there that you wish were in a last book, but she can't make all these totally insane uber-fans happy. For this book I had two firsts. One, an actual audible reaction to something that happened in the story. Two, when my friends and I went to the book party last night at midnight we totally geeked out. I even made a T-Shirt. We all wore T-Shirts...



...to pledge our allegiance to our sides. They had those iron-ons that came in the special edition of Eclipse that I didn't even know existed. I just made mine. Team Jacob was across my back. Not to say anything about the character Bella, it's just a personal connection. If I had to personally choose one I would choose Jacob. It's a tough personal choice that every girl has to make. Not saying anything bad about Edward, he is wonderful. But I am a sucker for a sense of humor and the over protective thing would bug me.



So you can see what my totally geeked out shirt says.

I even won a book, from winning a trivia contest the book store was doing at the party. It's not a book I've ever heard of but I am not one to ever turn down free book.

I can't wait to hear how any one who has read the book liked it, or like in my case was really surprised by some of the stuff and loved it.

Although I hate it when a series comes to an end, it makes me so sad.

9 comments:

M A Haddox said...

I love that you're a geek, especially when it comes to nerdy book things?

I'm guessing that's what it's about, because you failed to mention what the heck you are talking about! Who's Jacob or Bella and what story of fiction are they involved in?

My word today was ushytiso: An English phrase translated into Piglatin.

oda41143 Missy said...

Wow, you got tons of stuff done!! You go girl.

Haddorkus said...

Who's Jacob and who's Bella? Isn't that so cute? Leave it to a boy.

Mike, Breaking Dawn is the fourth book in a series known as the Twilight Series. The first book being called Twilight. I'd be really really shocked if Jessica has not at least heard of them.

It's just a really good and enjoyable series. I was extremely shocked by how much I liked them and the fact that I like them at all because they are about vampires. I thought it would be so stupid. It's not.

Pure Golding said...

Haven't gotten mine in the mail yet. I pre-ordered on Amazon but forgot that I live in a small enough town that the book wouldn't be sold out very fast! Silly me! So I sit and wait on pins and needles. I am torn between Jacob and Edward. The whole perfection thing in nice, but I agree about the overprotectiveness. Too much.
The movie comes out soon and I am so debating whether or not to ruin my perceptions of the book with seeing it. What do you think? You gonna view?

SuperCoolMom said...

Loved, loved, loved it! I just got in trouble for stealing it back from Bronson because he was out with friends for the evening. Can you believe that he called me a freak because I was in the tub with a box of Whoppers, bottle of Dr. Pepper, and reading it for the second time? Kids these days.

I have to admit that I'm Edward's girl, all the way! Jacob bored me. Sure, he was warm, and my feet are always cold - and yes, he could give her children and a real life. But who can argue with eternity together? Especially with a brilliant, gorgeous, chiseled, piano playing hottie like Edward?

We need to schedule a late night Breaking Dawn chat so that we can further debate these important issues and not spoil the book for people without the foresight to head to Walmart on Friday night or the devotion to ignore their house and children for a weekend ;D

Abbey said...

I don't read...wish I did. I just wanted to say you look good.

L4GWTW said...

Cristtin I posted on my blog how I felt about the book. I have to say that I was actually a little dissapointed. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the book, but thought some of it was too far gone for me. I too thought I wouldn't like the series as I am not into Vampires etc, but I did enjoy it. I too am sad that the series is coming to an end. I did hear Stephanie Myers say that she is currently writing Edwards side of the story that would be interesting. I am all the way for EDWARD. I am a geek when it comes to the protective thing. I think it is cute that he wants her to be safe, not controlling, just cares. I would love to have someone like that in my life who was able to protect me and stand up for me against anything. I hope this makes sense I feel like I am rambling while the children are all talking in every direction. Stacey

Tubbs Family said...

Hey you! The new book was all the buzz in the wards. I'm with Abbey in that I haven't read one yet...maybe a good hospital book when this growth finally emerges...but I just wanted to also say that you look good.

Jodi Jean said...

finished it today ... thought it was better than the other 3 (thats not much of a compliment) ... but i enjoyed it. i don't know if i would read the series again, there are other better books out there, but i enjoyed it.

i must add that i think reading it while i'm at the point i am in my life (round) added to my expereince ... who knows.