Monday, August 18, 2008

Quick Summer Wrap Up

Anyone remember how much I was freaking out about surviving the summer? Well, it would appear that I did survive. And even more surprising the children did too. With me starting school next week and my super awesome birthday girls day out this Saturday, if I don't get these pics out right now they aren't getting out. And there were a couple of cool things that happened toward the end there that I felt like sharing. Whether or not any of you care. I'll be sending this post and pics along to Dan, since he can't read this anymore, so I know at least one person cares.

Anyway...

DD's first swim meet and the thing I was actually a little more excited about, all their new swim gear. DD wore a swim cap for the first time. And Punx wore Jammers, it was The cutest thing he has worn, I think since he was in a onesie.



See their events written in permanent marker on their arms? Man, I love swimming. Punx wouldn't scrub his arm in the shower later that day, he wanted it to stay for as long as possible. DD scrubbed her arm pink.



Here is DD diving into the pool. See off to the right of the picture, you can see the girl is already in the pool. She has great reaction time, huh? After every race she would look at me and ask, "Did I win?"



Punx getting ready for one of his races or getting ready to pick his nose, not sure. He won his heat for the 25 yard backstroke, I was so proud. He ended up taking fifth overall in that event. He DQ'ed from the breaststroke again, so did DD. I will have to admit that made me a little proud, too. I was never any good at breatstroke. Maybe they'll be flyers like their momma.

On to their last day of gymnastics.



Bug practicing some jumps.



DD was nailing her headstands on the first class.



Punx on the balance beam.

And then our trip to Louisville to see my sister, Kaarina. My other sister, Jenny and I went to Louisville for two days to see her. She was going to Louisville for business. I hadn't see Kaarina in about two years. If only my one other sister could've been there all four of us girls could have been together.



All the kids at the science museum. It was a really cool place.





Then all of us at the Hard Rock Cafe, it was my first time at a Hard Rock. And all three of us girls by the river. Sorry about the eyes, Kaarina, the other picture you were talking so your mouth look all funky.

So that's basically got us to the end of summer. And now the kids are in school. Bug starts full time when I do. It's off to another year.

One last thing. Dan comes home for R&R in less than two months. Woo-hoo!

3 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Woohoo for a visit with your Sisters! And Happy Birthday! Those kids look like Olympians in the making! Good luck with school! I'm sure you'll be awesome! No worries!

oda41143 Missy said...

Looks like fun. Louisville is beautiful and only 2 hours from my house. with you starting school, 2 months will pass fast and you'll be making the grades with you DH in no time. wink wink

The Schooley's said...

I just have to say, that my favorite part of this post is DD's face in the swim cap. Totally made my day!!