Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Living the Life

I am going to shamelessly brag for a little bit about the amazing time I am having...

Yesterday I did nothing, I mean like totally nothing. I dropped the kids off and then when out to breakfast with a good friend, Charlotte, who happened to be driving through town that morning. Awesome, I haven't seen her since she left ND a couple months before we did in 2006.





Then I went home and totally piddled, all day. I read a little, did a little laundry, played around on the computer, talked on the phone, whatever. Then left a little early to work out before time to pick them up.

Today a little more ambitious plans. Today I am going to run errands, I am stoked to run errands, who knew? Post office, oil change, all that crap it's going to be so great. I also discovered that I can hear the stereo in the shower with the bathroom door open and the volume up to five. I sang and danced in the shower enjoying the whole not being interrupted thing. No - Mom, can I have another bowl of cereal? Mom, the boys are being really mean to me. Best shower ever. And, yes, afterward there might have even been some Risky Business style dancing going on around the house. Who's going to stop me?

Tomorrow, I think pool time with hot tub is in order. Thursday I see a movie in my future and Friday I am super excited for. Look for Friday's night or Saturday's post to explain all. All my fall plans will be explained finally once I get everything in order on Friday. Originally I was thinking this would be a great week to tackle some sort of project around the house, but then I sat down and the feeling passed. I am going to have some fun instead.

Alright back to my super awesome week and some of you probably need to get back to your kids. Ha Ha Ha, was that going to far? I think am getting kid-free punch drunk.

5 comments:

Jerusha said...

My almost kid free turn is starting Monday. The older 2 are going to Utah with Grandma for a reunion. I will have Allison but she sleeps a lot still. I have mega plans--mostly work though. You know all the work I would like to do without being bothered--scrapbooking, painting, shopping for pure enjoyment. Enjoy--but I already know you are. Oh yeah did you know your house is for sale again. It doesn't look cute at all like you had it though, it looks much like a bachelor pad really.

Heidi said...

Even danced in the shower...I do the singing all the time and LOVE my ipod and portable player...I dont know that I have danced yet though...will have to try that one.

SuperCoolMom said...

Wow. Color me jealous! But since I have Girl's Camp next week, and all the leaders (except the two we suckered into sleeping with the girls) have their own cabin, I think I can stand it. I'm even paying for my babies to hang out at a friend's house so I can be worry free while I'm gone. I'm not even cleaning the house this week - since it will be trashed when I get home anyway!

The Schooley's said...

Good for you on doing nothing. Isn't that a great feeling, that you can do that without any of the guilt?? You are my hero. I can't wait to hear the news on Fri. WHat movie are you going to see? Have you seen Get Smart yet? Oh, but The Dark NIght starts on Fri, or is it already out? I can't wait to see that one!! Happy Relaxing week to you!!

Abbey said...

It was good to see pics of you and Charlotte and her kids. I'm glad you are enjoying your self...now if you don't mind, I need to go put my KIDS to bed! Hehe