Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hey Lucy, I'm Home

Since all I post about is the status of my homelife here it goes. I have a home. We found a house. Yeah! Last Monday I went out on the hunt again and after letting an offer on a house in Clarksville, TN expire, they were unable to deal since they had only been in the house for about a year. On Monday I saw a house that was bigger and better than the house that we were originally buying in Kentucky. So I made an offer. Long story short- we moved in on Friday. We never cancelled the movers from the first house because of wishful thinking so we were able to just change the address of delivery and get our stuff on the day we moved in. And to complete that "it was meant to be" feeling, Dan had a four day pass that weekend and pulled up to the house about half an hour after the movers did to see his new house that I bought for him for Father's Day, especially since I had forgetten it was Father's Day and hadn't gotten him anything else. After sleeping on my 11 year old nephew's bed and in the same room as the kids for a few weeks all I was thinking about was getting the kids room's set up and getting them in their own rooms. It was like Christmas opening up these boxes after a month and a half, I tell you what. So now we are in the process of settling into the house and trying to get adjusted to life. Scouts and whatnot. I'm just so glad its summer and I don't have to rush them straight into school.

3 comments:

Pure Golding said...

Congratulations on getting someplace of your own. Its neat when things fall into place like that. I hope all goes well with unpacking. Take your time so you don't stress. Cool you get to see Dan on the 4th. Have fun. Love you all, Love Jen

glo said...

Great news!
Will you now send us your new demographics...via e-mail that is. 'Don't want the whole internet knowing where you live.

glo said...

hey, everyone: our blog link is incorrect on this blog: it should be http://blueeyedboybrowneyedgirl.blogspot.com.

The link goes to ....http.com....???