Monday, April 13, 2009

The Talk

Last week, while Punx was home from school Dan thought it was the perfect time to have "the talk." I was just very happy that I got through the deployment without the question and could field this one over to Dan. Dan took him up to his room and they had their discussion. It all went pretty normal. Dan was trying to be as vague as possible but we all know how that goes. Finally Punx asked a question that needed to be given a more direct answer. After learning what I am guessing was more than he wanted to know or had imagined, his response, "Dad, I didn't think it was like that. Why didn't you wait to tell me until I was thirteen?"

5 comments:

Abbey said...

That's too funny! I just watched an Oprah about having "The Talk" and I'm not really looking forward to it. I'm sure Dan did a great job :)

Tubbs Family said...

The talk already? I think I had it the day before I got married :-) Atleast Dan got to do and it might be a good idea for Travis to do it too. I might confuse the children. Heck I'm still confused. Maybe thats why I have 3 kids!!

The Schooley's said...

Nice!! I handed that one to Chad as well. They learn things way earlier than we did. Makes me sad most times.

M A Haddox said...

Your kids are ALWAYS saying the funniest things!

I'm renting my son out to another family when that time comes.

Pure Golding said...

Oh the lucky father. Just a few more years and you can tell DD! The other day Ashley was talking about a girl who was pregnant and not married. Sarah turned and said, quite indignantly, "That is not possible." Oh the joy of innocence. Wait, you only have one girl. That is so not fair!!!!