Friday, April 03, 2009

All Punx, all the time

Between Punx and the paper I have due today I finally have a moment to myself. It's spring break this week and rather than do something like fun, Punx had surgery. On Wednesday he had his tonsils, adenoids, and a cosmetic procedure done on his ear. So the lead up to the surgery was what kind of fun can we have today since he is going to be miserable soon. We played with friends, went to the movies, and played on the trampoline a lot. It's a new purchase so the kids are on it all the time, that was a really good buy for us.

The 7am surgery time was not so fun. Punx chose me to take him and Dan stayed home with the other two. They gave him a sedative about 30 minutes before they took him back. Let me just say, drunk Punx is an awful lot like regular Bug, that was surprising. Before they doped him up, he was just laying on the bed, all nervous, but a nervous Punx is a very quiet one. Once he was all loopy, he got this really weird grin on his face that wouldn't go away and he wouldn't keep still. I had to keep making him lay back down because he was trying to get away. He wouldn't answer questions, just look at me with that goofy grin.

Then they took him back and it took about two hours. The doctor then told me I had time to go to the pharmacy before he woke up and then I could see him. He woke up while I was at the pharmacy and by the time I got back he was really upset and crying. It just about broke my heart when the nurses brought me back to where he was, to see him with his head all bandaged up, crying out like that. They let me get in bed with him to calm him down. The nurse came back a little later and commented that his heart had slowed way down. That made me feel good. That I serve a purpose to my children. He was so hurting and just asking to go home. It took another hour or so, but once we got home he was better.

Under the constant care of Tylenol with codeine and the computer which he swears makes him feel better, he is doing alright. We go to the doctor today to check on the head dressing and see if he can get a smaller one on. He will still be out of school for a while but so far, he is doing well on his diet of pudding, popsicles, and ice cream.



This is how I know he is doing better, he couldn't even be bothered with the camera. He sort of looked at it, waved and went back to his game.

6 comments:

Robin Fisher said...

Having a husband home is wonderful! What is your next move? The kitchen looks so good!
I am glad to hear the surgery went well, too.

The Schooley's said...

So glad Punx is recovering nicely. Love that Bug is the only one smiling at the camera. The kitchen looks awesome. You guys are great!!

Tubbs Family said...

Kids recover fast, thank goodness! I'm glad surgery went well.

Pure Golding said...

So glad the surgery went well. How was Dan's b-day? I totally forgot until the day after- should have called and didn't. Lame, I know. Let us know how Punx is doing in a few days. LoVe you GuYs.

Supercool Hotmama said...

Glad to hear he's recovering well. Nothing like the computer to get your mind off your troubles :D

littlegloria TREASURESREBORN said...

Whoa! 'just like his father. Whoa!