Thursday, December 27, 2007

Six Things

I am pretty much skipping over Christmas, it was the same as everyone else's too much food, too many presents. But good all the same. Maybe pictures in a couple days.

So the six things is going around and I thought I'd give it a try. But I think this will be kind of hard for me now. Six things you might not know about me after me running my mouth off on this blog for over a year? I'll give it a whirl.

1. In elementary and one year in junior high, I "played" the violin. Quotation are used because I was very bad and could never get the hang of it. For some reason after I played it always felt like I had rosin in my mouth (rosin is a powder used on the bow). I hated that. Did I not keep my mouth closed while I played?

2. I've had my car broken into three times. Once someone forced their way in and stole stuff, CD player, organizer, that sort of stuff, but they left my CDs. They actually opened my CD holder and looked in it and then dropped it. My thief was a musical snob and didn't care for my type of music, whatever. Another time is my is my fault, I left my purse in the truck while I ran inside "real quick." I came back just two minutes later and my purse was gone. The last time is pretty much the same as the first. I still had my planner in there and two cell phones. I didn't learn my lesson from the first time. I have since, nothing gets left in the car and I always lock. The three times were in a 18 month period with two cars and all in Salt Lake City.

3. I have fake cried to men to get out of trouble. Another three times thing. Once at the LA county fair when my friends and I were spitting over the ski lift thingy that takes you around the fairgrounds. We got caught and they wanted to kick us out, bring on the waterworks and we were told to not do it again. Once when I got caught ditching school and was given Saturday school detention. I cried to my counselor that I just couldn't go to Saturday school (if my mom found out she'd take away my car) he gave me a few detentions in the office after school which I told my mom I had sectional practice those days. She seemed to have forgotten that I was section leader and therefor in charge of calling sectional practices. The other time was when I got caught shoving a paper clip into a electrical outlet during band in junior high. I cried to my band teacher and I didn't even get detention. A boy did it later that year in another class of mine and he got suspended. There are a lot of men out there who cannot handle a little girl crying and I looked like a little girl up until last year I think. Although crying did not get me out of my first speeding ticket, I was really crying. But I was also going 49 in a school zone, no hard feelings, Mr. Policeman.

4. Thanks to Gilmore Girls I love watching bad movies and TV. Dan and I will go to the video store for recommendations on the worst movie the clerk has ever seen. It normally takes a while for them to believe that we actually want to spend money on a bad movie. We love making fun of them. Our two favorite bad movies: Reign of Fire and Battlefield Earth. On TV we look for those made for TV disaster movies with some has been actor in the starring role, those are guaranteed enjoyable hours.

5. My shower curtain drives me crazy. I just recently bought a new liner and for some reason it doesn't stay down like the last one did. It billows up and touches me, yuck. Shaving is a joke. I am driven to distraction trying to get this thing to be still.

6. I keep tally marks on my books, so I'll know how many times I've read them. When I started doing it I had already read some of them a lot so I just under guessed and wrote in those marks. I have read Pride and Prejudice six times, Persuasion five, those are accurate marks. I had to guesstimate on Harry Potter but I have five on that one as well.

I tag no one, because I don't think I know anyone who hasn't already done it or who would do it even if tagged.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ewwww, the shower curtain thing bothers me too. Luckily, ours right now doesn't do that, but it totally grosses me out when that happens. I even shuddered when I read it here, LOL!

Thanks for playing along!

M A Haddox said...

Waking Ned Devine
http://imdb.com/title/tt0166396/

Enjoy!

I never minded the shower curtain as, well, I have hair to fend off the eerie feeling. Also, my cat likes to stay in between the shower curtain and liner and paw at me if I get close. Just wait until the new liner gets enough mold and mildew to weigh it down.

You should mark people when you talk to them, to see how many times you've spoken with them. Get some use out of your Sharpie.

Haddorkus said...

Waking Ned Divine is one of our favorite movies, we have that one.
"Bring me my apple tart."

But why did you want me to go to that site? To see the old man on his motorcycle?

I do like you marking people idea, then I'll also know who I've met at church and who I haven't. Military wards, there are so many new people all the time.

Nikki said...

I've cried my way out of three tickets. They were sincere tears though. And each time it was a male police officer.

I totally laughed out loud at your shower curtain comment. It would bug me too though.